CHAPTER 15 - JEALOUSY.

RYAN's POV: 

When we finally reached at Zi's grandma's home, we got surrounded by the people who had come for her funeral. Knowing how kind she was there were so many people on her last journey. The problem was it was getting impossible searching Zi here.

"Ryan. I can't find him." Sam never stopped saying it from the last fifteen minutes since we reached here.

"I know. He can't be here. We should check inside." I said. As we reached inside the house, I ran into Zi'sdad, he told us that Zi  is in his grandma's room. We hurried as I knew where is the room and as soon as we reached I knocked it. It was locked. Hell, why he locked it. I was feared of worst possibilities, but then the boy with a teary face opened the door. He hugged me tightly, as soon as he saw me with his teary eyes. I squeezed him, caressing his back. Sam ran his hand into Zi's hairs and then hugged both of us, because seeing Zi crying I shed my tears too.

We then entered into the room. Zi was still in my arms, when I pulled him down on the bed. He was still crying and I was wiping his tears away with my thumb. Sam on the other hand was silently standing near us. No one said a word as no one knew what to say. Zi had lost someone and I know how it feels. She wasn't just his grandma but his best friend. That's what he used to tell me. Watching him this helplessly sad, I wanted to say something, but was afraid of hurting him, so I remained silent.

"You know.. When I lost my grandpa..." It was Sam who spoke and paused for a second and then continued. "My mom told me that.. We may lose our loved one, but the memories we shared never die. First, I thought she was just trying to convince me to take away my sadness, but then I learnt that she was true." He paused as he took his eyes off from the blank wall and looked into Zi's eyes. "Now, whenever I remember about my memories with grandpa, I smile. Smile because he always told me that my face looks adorable when I smile." Zi stopped crying and hugged Sam and Sam did the same.

"Thanks." Zi said which was barely audible. Sam pulled him away from the hug wiping the tears from Zi's face, again pulling him into a hug he said,

"I hate those tears on your face too." He whispered in Zi's ear. 

~~~~

We spent next few hours with Zi but then we were getting stares from Zi's mom which was telling us to get away from here. I sighed when she gazed me like the millionth time. Well, yeah, I was going to say billionth, but then I thought it would be too much to just prove my point.

"Ru, Sam, you should go. It's getting late."

"I am not leaving you alone." I said, but I knew I had to. Zi's mom would never like us to stay.

"I know.. But Really I am fine.. We meet in school on Monday. Ok..? And Sam, I know you two don't like each other, but can you please drop Ryu back to his dorm..?" Sam looked at Zi opening his mouth to say something, but then closed it and nodded. The way his eyes were appearing made me concern about him. I avoided it for now and turned to Zi.

"Take care Zi. Call me if you need me. Ok? " We both knew he didn't want us to leave, but we were unwelcomed guest and we had to leave soon or later. 

Sam was really quiet since we left. Not that I like his voice, but it was worrying me. 

But then I thought.. Oh boy..! I have different things to worry about.. Like about my job. "Hey, Can you drop me to the Eternity mall..?" I asked not so sure if he say yes or no.

"Sure." He agreed. He took me to the place where I am going to work. Yeah, the work is to earn some money as I am totally broke. Yesterday I asked Aarav, my roommate if he knows any job to earn money, obviously not telling him the reason. Fortunately, He knew a place where I could work according to him. He gave me a contact of a guy whom I once met long ago. His dad owns a pizza store and needed people to work.