CHAPTER 39 - LOST IN ECHO.

"Hey! Are you alright, Aarav?" Raghav asked Aarav.

They were seated together on a bench outside the courtroom.

"Yes, why?" Aarav said to his brother.

"Nah, you are being quite, that's something strange."

Aarav never stays quiet, if he has nothing to do he would talk, or if he is not talking, he would sing and entertains or even irritates others.

Like him, I was also quietly thinking about what just happened inside that courtroom. Yes, today was the day which holds our future, a future where we need to find out whether we'll be sharing it with our most lovely friend or not.

Deep down I knew he would be there sharing a great life with us, but at the same time I was feared of what could it be like to live a future without him.

And those thoughts were killing us.

Killing me.

Aarav was there thinking about something same, but he knew how to express himself, whereas I was not extroverted like him, mater of factly I never was able to express myself to anyone before. And the only person I could share my feeling was drifting away from my reach.

I was running to get hold of the person I love, but the closer I ran the more he was drifting away. At one point in wanted to scream loud exploding the silence, to get the attention, at least an eye contact with the same person, who has been avoiding my presence.

Most probably, because he was giving me the cold shoulder and I don't know what got into his head to do that.

Something was definitely wrong.

Everything being wrong since last week, but today it felt like the whole world is turning it's back on me.

Back in the courtroom, everything was planned. That bastard Ghosh, he plotted everything against us, saying Mr. Rajput was the one who have had kidnapped and tortured Ryan since last six months and how he doesn't deserve to get custody of Ryan.

Yes, Mr. Rajput had helped Ryan with his escape so that he could get out of the hell, he was living in, and be in a place more appropriate to be called home, but I never thought that.... that someone could show it as a planned kidnapping?

That's totally insane.

Gladly, my dad knew how to prove it wrong. He argued there in the courtroom and also he proved how Mr. Ghosh is the one who tortured Ryan and what he was really after.

That everyone knows.

We had our side strong. We were too close to bring Ryan back to our family, but yet, no one had a smile on their face because the face, which deserves the smile was lost somewhere.

He was lost, he was missing.

Missing somewhere.

Yet we could see his face.

In the court room, he was asked question's, and if he had answered it, the case would have been solved right there. But he just stood there, saying any word or showing any emotion on his face. All throughout I had hoped his eyes settling on me. If they had made it's contact with my eyes, I could have calmed his soul. He always get's calmed looking at me. But like he has chosen to be in his vulnerable state, because he has accepted it, and that's been worrying me a lot.

My eyes were now settled on the door where he was disappeared with his uncle and his cousin and a few other men. Who were those men, I didn't know, but something about them bothered me. No one was allowed in there and beside that room there was another room where my dad has been doing something.