Hide and Seek

Third Persons POV.

Caroline was frozen her shaking hands dangling by her hips dripping of blood, her mouth agape and eyes pinpointed on the flames, tears brewing in her eyes.

The nights sky was pitch dark filling of tainted clouded smoke, orange fire erupting in front of her.

Sirens played around and around in the background but it felt as if it was all in slow motion to her it drawled out behind her everything felt dry.

"Caroline!" she heard her name being cried out behind her but she couldn't bare to move her eyes away from the scene.

She stared straight ahead not able to catch her breath he had been right in front of her, he almost made it out but alone, she wasn't with him.

The fear in his eyes when she'd screamed out his name in warning  before she was blown back from the force. He didn't make it out. Neither did she.

Ding Ding.
There time was up.

30 minutes earlier.

Arias POV.

Silence. A single drop of sweat beaded down my forehead and dropped to the floor. My eyes twitched back and forth listening to the ticking of the clock.  

Stefan's breath was heavy as he peered around the corner of the wall to the dark hallway. My heart felt as if it was in my neck.

"Would now be a bad time to say I have to pee?" I asked he flicked my forehead wide eyed making me groan.

"Keep you're head down" he whispered warily as we crawled up from the floor.

Our shoes made small squeaking sounds as our feet shuffled through the halls, our breaths puffing out our chests.

Stefan's hand stopped me as we reached another bend slowly creeping out behind it.

My eyes locked to the door that lead to the football pitch I nudged Stefan. I forgot just how big this hell school is. We scrambled towards it yanking on the bar handle.

"Aria hide. He's close!" Stefan whispered looking back at the dark hallway the lights were flashing, making a static twitchy sound.

Sharing a look we tried bursting open the door but jolted back with a groan, it's spelled. Of course.

Stefan hissed holding his leg taking a deep breath.

I grit my teeth shaking the bar handle but it didn't budge. "Crap" I hissed at myself that's when we froze hearing something metallic rolling behind us, it sounded like when people ring their wine glasses with a wet finger.

Sharing a glance we turned to see a ring rolling on the floor, making a chimed sound when it finally stopped spinning.

I slowly crept over noticing it was a wedding ring. A man's wedding ring, where have I seen this before?

What man wore this on his hand?

"There's no point in running from me. From what you are kittens" he murmured nonchalantly.