Back When

Arias POV. 1857

I dragged my feet walking up the small country path with my rug sack on my back.

I hummed along with the melody of the mockingbirds that sang in the tall trees above me, luckily the sun was shining high.

Camp has ended meaning I will be travelling back home to Mystic Falls and all it's glory.

It's been six weeks here in an all girl summer camp in the country side and it's pretty much been hell.

Mother thought it would be healthy for me and do me well to spend time away from home, to see something else.

Of course I did not argue with her because I hadn't an idea what this camp would be like, never again will I come back.

Mother told me the night before I left "If I could go somewhere else, somewhere bigger it'd be my safe haven".

On the other hand father was hesitant to let me off the rails to this camp as was my eldest brother Damon they know me, they also did not like the fact there are young boys here.

I'm ten now and a lady I know about boys, many of them think girls have cooties.

But honestly what are Damon and father flustered about? How much trouble could boys ever bring me?

I'll never be courted my a man or wed to one, boys are so nauseating.

Stef was merely pouting I was going away and he was stuck without his best friend.

He told me he'd just sit at the end of the road till I arrived home stubborn as he is I wouldn't be surprised.

I wonder if he spent time with Marzia the blonde blue eyed popsy? That school crush has been driving on for weeks but he says he doesn't have time for the girl wrangling.

Stef prefers to be a "loser" that's what Damon calls him it means he's a good man? That's what Damon said anyway, I've missed my dear brothers.

Mother is "under the weather" as father refers to it they wanted nothing to cause her unhappiness so they allowed me to ride away to this camp.

I fear for mother as she's grown terribly unwell and my heart aches at the thought of what could happen to her.

Stefan, Damon and I made a pact to one another we'd do whatever we can to help her.

"There she is!" I heard Ms.Miller call merrily as I came up the path in sight to see father smiling at me beside his awaiting carriage.

He wore his dapper long coat and top hat upon his head, he had his million dollar smile on as he opened his arms.

"Father! Hi" I said happily as I ran up to him, he picked me up giving me a tight hug with a happy groan.

"How's my girl?" he asked as I plopped down to the ground.

"Good!" I told him as he helped me put my bag into the carriage.

"You've grown tall and you've cut your hair?" He stated with a chuckle I grinned.

I ran my fingers through it I wonder if I should tell him how that came to be.

"You look well father. Have you been shaping up?" I said as he gave me his hand getting into the carriage.

"Complementing me are we? What else has this camp done to my girl?" he asked sarcastically as the carriage began to jiggle taking off.

"I learned how to kiss" I stated with a grin, his eyebrows shot up mouth agape and coughed embarrassed I began to laugh.