Getting Lost

Arias POV. Getting Lost

As I began working on my hair my mind lingered to Katherine. What in the hell is she doing in Mystic Falls?

When do I ever know what she's up to. Katherine Pierce. Katerina Petrova. Kat. Friend. Liar. Betrayer. I've known her as to many people.

Still such a mystery after all this time. I feel as if she's always around yet she's not, she's always watching, always listening. Nowhere to be seen.

She's supposedly getting cozy with Stefan. By white means there using one another for something, Katherine hates a no humanity Stefan.

And Stefan hates Katherine with a burning passion.

Elena knows of those two being buddies and I can guess she isn't liking it considering Stefan and her never even broke up.

Then there's Rebekah. Stefan's life has become overridden with women.

How on earth I wonder is Rebekah keeping herself amused in Mystic Falls. Boys. High School. Ric informed me she's following Stefan around but he's shown no interest whatsoever.

Then there's the matter of Mikael. What happened with him and I? He must have compelled me to forget the night I was separated from Nik. He must of?

I'm tired of compulsion. Having my mind invaded and memories taken. Extracted from my head like sharp claws. To much has been taken.

What could have happened? It makes me shudder not knowing, I hate not knowing. Applying my lipstick I pushed all those thoughts into the back of my mind. Damn.

What's to happen tonight? We are actually going on a date. A date. A date. With Klaus. Nik. My husband. Enemy. Lover?! What does he think we are?

Lord have mercy on me.

I stepped out of the bathroom in bare feet the dress fitting nicely. Vincent was standing by the window, humming and bobbing his head watching the traffic down below. He turned and smiled.  

I released a nervous breath turning around in a circle "I feel like an absolute idiot" I muttered the corners of his lips tinted up. "I've always hated dresses" I added thinking to when I was a girl.

"Aria my god you tyrant just please would you just put on the dress!" Damon's voice echoed in my mind.

It was Stefan and I's eighth birthday. Damon had had to chase me through the house with the white and pink fabric clutched in his hands. Up, down and around.

He ended up finding me under his bed and bribed me to put on the dress.

"You look lovely Ari" he had said.

"You look amazing" Vincent said handing me shoes I scoffed swallowing my hate. "Thanks Vincent" I replied sheepishly smiling and he nodded cheeks blushing radiantly as he waved a hand dismissively.

"Do you know where he's taking me?" I asked taking out a black jacket from the closet.

"Nope" he mused casually clasping his hands together, I squinted at him placing a hand to my hip. Like hell does he not know.

"No hints?" I asked thanking the god there was no whining tone to it, he pursed his lips as if pondering then shook his head.

I sighed sitting back on the bed and that's when I noticed the sound of the bed. My face fell to a blank and I glanced to Vincent.

His eyes flickered to it frowning and I moved again hearing the squeak. I began to bounce where I sat and that confirmed whatever wood I'd took from the bed last night left it with a squeak. Great.