Turned Tables

Remembering you is easy. Missing you is the pain that never goes away.

I hurdled my feet along the concrete ground keeping my head down as I shuffled past the crowds of people down the loud street.

I was striding my way for the bar Nik had texted me to meet him at with a man who apparently got in contact with him and had information on the whereabouts of Katherine and Lilly.

After the events of the last twenty four hours my mind is like a maze stacking and falling to a million pieces, questions and thoughts replaying again and again in my mind.

As I walked it felt like my head was clouding I could only hear the bang of my feet on the ground it felt like things were moving oh so slowly as I squeezed my eyes shut breathing in and out.

Fear? It consumes me in every inch of my body the thought of what is going to happen to my family, my brothers, the image of them seeing what I truly am the sound of my mothers vicious voice in my ears.

Trust? After everything that's happened in my time back at Mystic Hell. There is only three people I truly trust.

I wonder by now if you can take a gander at who they are.

There are two things that I cannot abide betrayel and stupidity. One can be tempered, one can never be redeemed. Mother and Katherine.

"Sorry" I muttered as I bumped into a man on the streets he rolled his eyes pushing on forward past me.

Everything keeps flipping over and over again in my head I've so many unanswered questions.

Why did mother do this, why did Katherine? What did I do to them that I deserved this what twisted sick amusement are they getting out of this, what is their motive?

I saw the town bar ahead of me still keeping my head low just the fact Nik is in there warmed me and I felt better.

Family? It's truly the only thing I have left. I will do anything to protect them anything no matter the cost. I don't know why mother is doing this but I'm putting an end to her once and for all.

As for Silas I've no idea where he is now, not that I want him here. He's trouble and I know that he hasn't appeared since the island and I hope he's taken his shot and left this mess for good.

The cure. Why did mother even want it she's hardly going to use it neither would little Miss Pierce. So that begs the question why'd they take it.

Finally I reached the bars front doors that was black paint tainted, scratched I yanked on the golden handle opening the big door entering a warm wist of wind blew on my face.

Chatter filled the bar with the old smell of whiskey and men's cologne. The door shut behind me as I slowly stepped in wearing a grey shirt with blue jeans my hair down around my shoulders.

I gazed around the bar swiftly relief flew over me to see Nik sitting at a table on his stool drinking a scotch he glanced up and smiled which turned to a grin he winked at me.

That's when my eyes travelled to the person sitting right across from him.

In that moment I felt everything around me all noise all of my surroundings fade. I froze. I thought my eyes were deceiving me.