The 1950s

Arias POV.

Damon decided to stay with Ric until he...passed.

"Hey Ar come with me" Stefan said softly but not giving me a choice he took my hand, Nik frowned.

"Stef-" he cut me off.

"Please." He sighed. I just walked with him trying to block everything out.

"Stefan why are we back here?" I said you could hear the strain in my voice.

He'd brought us back to the dance in
the gym but it was over no one was here.

I just wanted to cry and listen to sad music.

"Remember when we first came back here with Klaus." He said bringing me to the centre of the gym.

I remember that night it was the night Nik forced Stefan to switch it all off and bite Elena, that I found out he'd been lying to me all summer. A night I really don't want to remember.

"Yeah" I mumbled.

"We were in this gym the night I turned all my feelings off. The night I bit Elena. And the night I thought I'd lost you for good. The slap you gave me still stings" he smiled at the end.

I rolled my eyes a light chuckle.

"So. What made you turn it back on" I asked.

"There was this girl with big blue eyes back in the 20s she told me that our emotions make us human, good or bad. And to never lose hope. Being the man that I was I ignored her...." He sighed giving a light smile.

"I treated her like crap." He grit his teeth.

Taking my hand he took a deep breath looking into my eyes.

"Then I found her again all these years later. Still the crazy little raven head and again she kept telling me the exact same thing.....that it was okay to feel to have hope" he sniffled tears burning in his eyes not letting them fall as he smiled.

"Well....emotions suck" I croaked feeling tears fall from my eyes. I immediately wiped them away. He can't see me cry.

"Aria...if you want to cry....you can cry" he said cupping the side of my face with his hand.

"I don't want to look weak" I whispered.

"Who said crying made you weak?" He whispered and I just let the tears fall. Nathaniel told me tears made you weak.

Stefan hugged me and I cried on his shoulder burying my head in his jacket.

I pulled back feeling better after letting it out. He wiped my cheeks with his handkerchief. Reminds me of Elijah.

"So what was Esther talking about?" Stefan asked as we walked towards the benches.

I and Stefan were so close to our mother.

After she died we never spoke of her. Ever. There's not a day that's gone by I hadn't thought of her I just never talk about it.

"Stefan what I'm about to tell you your going to either freak or you won't believe it" I said.

He stopped smiling and nodded warily as he sat down on the bench gesturing me to sit.

"I may know who turned me." I said and his eyes widened a possible smile but also held anger and curiosity.

"Well? Who was it that killed my sister." He said looking deep into my eyes.

I took my deep breath and said it.

"Our mother".

His face slowly started to look pale and his mouth opened his lip trembling.

"W-What?" He said sternly. I played with my hands.