Daddy's Little Girl-9

"Hi Maggie. I'm Amy Lawrence. You have met my kids, Jack and Lauren. Jack is seven and Lauren is five. My husband, Nate, will be home just before dinner. I will show you up to your room and we will have to figure out clothes for you." Amy explains while we are driving to their house which is right outside of town. She is right on the beach as well but she is a few blocks from my house.

"My things are back at my house." I begin.

"I think that it is too dangerous for you to go back there. I'm afraid that we can't afford a full new wardrobe for you but I suppose we can make do." She sighs.

"Please, I can go out when my father isn't home. It would only take me about five minutes to collect what I need. I know when he usually isn't home. It would save you money and I would be able to have some of my old things."

Amy hesitates before answering. "Well, I suppose you could do that. I'm just so worried about what could go wrong."

I shook my head agreeing but there was nothing else that I could do. I needed my stuff! I couldn't have Mrs. Lawrence pay for completely new this when she already seemed to have more than enough to worry about with Jack and Lauren. I will go tomorrow so that I can get ready and plan how I will do it tonight.

I slide open the office window on the first floor of my house. I have already checked all of the first floor windows and it seems as though the house is empty. I slip my body into the open window and tiptoe across the room, carefully listening for any signs of life. It is silent as a grave as I open the room and dash upstairs to my old bedroom. I peek into all of the rooms upstairs before deciding it is safe enough to lower my guard and I pull out a small suitcase and begin shoving clothes into it. Once it is full I find another and fill that one. Finally, I take an old schoolbag and toss in my other belongings. The last things I pack are a picture of my mother and I on the beach, walking hand in hand at sunset and an old locket that Ryan and his family gave me the same year that they died. Tears roll down my cheek as I look over my empty bedroom.

I bring the two suitcases downstairs first and I jog back upstairs to grab my old schoolbag. I hear the front door open and I freeze in the middle of my room. I don't dare breathe as the front door is opened loudly and my father stumbles into the foyer downstairs. I very quietly tiptoe out of my room and into Sam's old room and I hide under his bed where I know my father will never look to find anything.

I try to swallow the lump in my throat when I realize how close I am to Sam when he is so far away from me but I fail and a small sob escapes my lips. I clamp my hands over my mouth and listen to make sure my father didn't hear anything but he continues to move about the house, unaware of my presence. I thank God that I thought to put the suitcases just outside the office window to make it easier for me to get them later because even if he does go in that room, which he hasn't in over a year, he wouldn't see them. I hear him stomp upstairs and I stop breathing. He lumbers past and I let out my breath. He goes into his room and I hear the springs scream under his weight as he down onto it.

I wait until I hear his loud snores and I count to one hundred before soundlessly getting out from under the bed and opening the door. I tiptoe down the hallway and descend the stairs. I am all the way downstairs and I am crossing the living room when I hear the doorbell ring. My father bellows down for them to go away. It rings again and I take off running as my father storms out of his room above me.

I pull open the office door as I hear him get to the stairs and I dash into the room and close the door just as my father reaches the bottom and turns toward the living room. I slam open the window, not even bothering to be quiet anymore, just trying to get the hell out of there. I am on the beach as I hear my father holler out "Margret Rose Charnet godd*mmit!"

I full out sprint down the beach but my three bags slow me down. I don't check behind me to see if my father is following me because I know he is. I run harder and faster than I ever have before and I make it to the Lawrence household just as I realize that I just lead my father to my new life. I run past their house after a second glance and I only slow enough to quickly stash my bags in a bush just off of their property.

I then turn around to see how far ahead I am from my father and I can't see him. I squint and search but he isn't there. He never followed me. I let out a sigh of relief before collapsing to the ground in a faint.

****

A/N

Ok so from now on I am going to update Daddy's Little Girl at least once a week. If I have a chapter written and edited before that then I will post it. I hope you are enjoying the story so far and if you are let me know! Comment vote and fan please! If you aren't enjoying it, let me know what you don't like. I can take constructive criticism! Thank you so much for your comments so far, it always makes my day to read them!

Love,

Eryn