Daddy's Little Girl-2

A/N On the side is a picture of Keith (Maggie's dad)

***

My brother has stopped talking completely. He doesn't say anything anymore. He hasn't since he found me bleeding to death on the beach three weeks ago. They arrested my father for it. He wasn't given the bail opportunity so he's been in prison. The trial is today. I start to put on a skirt that my mom bought me for the trial. I just got out of the hospital yesterday and this will be the first time I've gone out besides the car ride home. I slip on a dress shirt and as I begin rolling up the sleeve on my left arm, I see the scar of where He cut me. I roll my sleeves back down and head out of my room.

At the courthouse I sit with my lawyer. They say that I cannot be a witness because of the shock I went through. They concluded that my memories may be altered. My father is the only witness because Ryan and Sam arrived too late to see what had happened. It seems like hours for my fathers lawyer to finish talking, then mine goes on and on mentioning some of the things that I remembered from that day. Finally, the judge calls my father up to the stand. He strolls up to take his seat besides the judge. He takes his time sitting down, all the while he has the slightest smirk on his face. I'm anxious to hear what he says.

My father claims that he was trying to wrestle the knife away from me when he found me on the beach, about to cut myself. He explains that I have been acting very moody and depressed recently so he thinks that is why I tried to kill myself. He insists that the knife slipped from his grasp and I cut myself. He ran off to get help as Ryan and Sam came.

I leap up from my seat. "You're honor! That's not what happened at-"

"Sit down at once. I will not tolerate that behavior in my court."

The judge announces a five minute recess for the jury to decide. Every waits anxiously and there is a low buzz of people's whispered voices. Sam comes up to me and wraps me into a a huge hug. This is the first time he has touched me in three weeks. "I'm so sorry I wasn't there for you Mags. I don't believe any of that crap he's saying."

I look up at my brother through misty eyes. He's finally talked. I'm so emotional that I can't even respond. He gives me another hug then goes back to his seat just as the judge and jury re enter.

They announce their decision.

He is found innocent.

My father was free. He could come back and find me. Not that it would be hard, we live in the same house after all. That night, I kept my door locked. He knocked until 3 in the morning, taunting me. Finally, he gave up.

The next night, I locked my door again. At around 1 o'clock I woke up and since He wasn't outside my door, I went to the bathroom. When I returned, I forgot to lock my door.

Suddenly, I heard a noise in the still night. A creek. I couldn't see anything in the darkness of my room (there was no moon that night) but I felt someone in my room I knew it had to be Him.

"Get out! I don't want you here!"

"Of course you do baby. Tell Daddy how much you love him."

I felt his breath hot and alcoholic on the back of my neck. He pinned me down on the bed. He started taking off my pajamas and he unzipped his pants! He was going to try to rape me! Realizing this, I did the only thing i could think of. I bit his arm. This got him off of me long enough for me to jump out of my bed. I quickly ran to my door as he chased after me. I opened the door and ran down the hall into the first open room I could find and locked myself in.

"Wh-who's there?" a sleepy voice said from behind me. I just locked myself, half naked, in Ryan's room!

Ryan started fumbling for the light as I tried to make sure nothing was exposed. I still had my bra and panties, but one bra strap was ripped. The light came on.

"Well, um, good morning. Did you want to surprise me? Because it worked, I am very surprised."

"Do you have a t-shirt I can borrow? I will explain."

"Are you in there Maggie? I think you are. I hear voices. Come out here now!"

Ryan looks up, shocked. I shake my head, tears rolling down my face. He abandons the search for the t-shirt and goes over to comfort me. When he reaches me, he puts his hands on my shoulders and sits me on his bed then resumes his mission. After looking through three drawers he finds one and brings it over to me. I slip it on and it covers me up enough that I at least feel more comfortable. He sits on his bed next to me, ignoring my father who is still pounding on the door. I put my head on his shoulder and continue to silently cry until the bangs stop.

"Maggie, do you remember ten years ago, the day that your mom came home and she sat the three of us down and told us that today was a very sad day? And do you remember how none of us understood what she meant? Then she started to sob and kept apologizing to me and telling me I could live with you guys. That was the day my parents were killed in the car accident. Your dad was still a good man back then. Remember? He piled us into the car and drove us to go get ice cream all together, just like a real family."

"And now you're trapped in this Hell Hole with Sam and I. At least your parents and my mom escaped this all. It's not fair that they had to die, but at least they're in Heaven. We're still trapped in Hell."

"It'll get better. I promise. I don't know when or how, but it will get better."

I'm finally calmed down enough that I climb onto Ryan's bed fully and I lie down on his pillow and go to sleep.

I wake up and when I see a body next to me I panic momentarily until I remember where I am.

I leave Ryan's room before he wakes up and I tiptoe back to my room after making sure the coast is clear. He must be gone. Phew. I let my guard down as I go into my room and I open my drawers to get new clothes when I feel something cold hard and metal against my back. "Do as I say and I'll show mercy. Resist and you'll die first, then your brother and Ryan. I'm going to give you instructions and you follow them exactly and don't say a word unless I tell you to. You know the consequences."

He picks out a new outfit for me, a black bra with a tank top and skinny jeans.

"Put this on and then I want you to write a little note to your friend Ryan." When he tells me what to write, I know why he has me do it. So Ryan doesn't come looking for me ever again. And as revenge for not listening to him in the first place. I finish writing it, and with silent tears rolling down my cheeks, I slip the note under his door.

Dear Ryan,

I bet you liked it last night, when I ran into your room in a ripped bra and panties huh? I bet you liked looking at me then sleeping with me. Too bad I don't even like you. I used you. Now, I'm in love with someone else. And I'm leaving with him today. Don't come looking for me. I never want to see you again.

Yours truly,

Margret (Maggie)

As I am doing this, I realize that I never did explain to Ryan what happened last night.