Chapter 14

///Chapter 14\\\

Tyler's POV

I ran a hand through my hair frustrated. I didn’t know what to do. I should go after her but she would probably just run away from me again. I was so confused. Maybe this was what her dad was talking about, pushing people away. I couldn’t know for sure and she wouldn’t talk to me, I just knew she wouldn’t.

I strode to the door and yanked it open to a surprised and scared looking Ariel.

“What do you want?” I snap.

“I was just going to tell you dad wants to talk to you. What’s wrong?”

“Did it sound urgent?”

“Kind of. What’s going on Ty?” She asks and I sigh.

“Is he in a good or bad mood?”

“Probably bad considering we were just arguing.”

“What am I going to do?” I shout in frustration and Ariel looks scared again.

“Can I help?” She asks.

“If you can find Luna then sure you can help.” I sigh, making my way down the hall.

“Find her?” Ariel asks confused. “What did you do Ty?”

“I don’t know. I honestly don’t. She was fine one minute and running out the room the next. I don’t even know what I did.”

“Even with you history with her for some reason I believe you. I’ll try to find her but you need to talk to dad. Try and calm him down before you tell him that she ran.”

“I know how to handle it.” I say, stopping in front of the door.

“What should I do if I find her?”

“Try to persuade her to come back to my room so we can talk. She’s stubborn so she probably won’t come so just try to get a message out to me.” I say, turning the doorknob and pushing it open slightly.

“I’ll do what I can.” Ariel nods and continues down the hall. I watch her until she disappears from sight before sighing and turning into the room.

“Ah Tyler. How did things go after you left?” Dad asks, smiling and I give him an odd look.

“You seem strangely happy.” I say and his smile widens.

“How could I not be? After seeing you two last night so happy. I think you did it son.” He says, clapping his hand on my back.

“Not after this morning.” I say and his smile fades immediately.

“What happened?”

“I don’t know. She was happy in the beginning and then she just snapped. I don’t know why. It can’t be her mom because she’s doing so well but it was like something just broke.”

“Did she say anything?”

“She said she couldn’t be around me anymore, that she didn’t want this life and that she wasn’t a hypocrite.” I summarize and dad looks thoughtful. “I don’t know what to do dad. I thought I was so close but then this morning…”

“Did anything happen while you were at the hospital?”

“No. She was happy, her mom was much better and we were all laughing.” I say. “Her dad talked to me for a bit but…” I trail realizing something.

“Tyler?”

“Were could I find a family history and hospital documents?” I ask dad and he looks confused.