CHP 18: Shivering Zee

Zee's POV

I was reading a novel at my house. Fifi and Aay had already went out to do their project. I don't know when will Baekhyun and I work on our project.

I was about to text him asking if we can do our project when suddenly, Lily shouted, "SANGHWA! SOMEONE IS HERE!"

I was curious. Who could it be? I walked downstairs then I looked towards Lily. I can't see the guest.

"Who is it?" I asked.

Lily stepped aside then I saw Baekhyun waving at me.

"Doing project?" he asked.

"Wait for me," I said. I went upstairs and grabbed the things that are needed to do the project. I used backpack, of course. Soon, I went downstairs then walked out together with him.

"I was just about to text you earlier but you already came," I smiled.

"I know you will do that. That was why I came before you texted me," he winked.

"Whatever~ So now, where are we going?"

"To the cafe!" he led the way and soon we finally arrived at a cafe. It seems like a nice place to do the project.

After spending time doing the project, it was already evening since we also talked about something that doesn't even relate with the project.

"Finally finish in one day!" he said stretching his arms.

"We only need to submit it!" I said.

"Should I send you back to your house?" he asked.

"You don't need to if--" I haven't even finish my sentence yet.

"I will send you. Besides, it's dangerous to let a beautiful girl like you to walk alone at the dark street," he smiled.

"HAHAHA! What? Did I hear it right? Beautiful girl?" I stuttered.

"Hmm... Why? You don't agree that you're beautiful?" he asked.

"It's just... Never mind. It's not even important. Let's go," I said. I led the way to the entrance then we walked along the pathway.

Silence filled the air and the wind was howling like always. It creeps me actually. I bit my lips to stop me from feeling nervous. I don't know why I am nervous.

As we walked along the pathway, I suddenly stopped on my track. The front pathway doesn't have light streets that are functioning. Plus, I saw a bird figure on the ground with its eyes that looks creepy. I hate birds.

"Why? Is there something wrong?" Baekhyun asked.

I just stared at the bird, scared to move. Not only that, I also saw someone infront. I am not sure who it is but after like one minute, the person disappeared. I widened my eyes and soon enough the bird flew away.

"AAHH!!" I screamed. I shut my eyes firmly. Then I grabbed Baekhyun's arm. My heart thumping unusually faster.

Without my realization, the light street that was functioning earlier suddenly burst. It was totally dark right now. More creepy.

"Heol, are you okay?" he asked worried.

"Th-the b-bird," I uttered.

"Ah.. I forgot that you hate birds, sorry," he said. "The bird had gone."

I gathered my courage and opened my eyes. I sighed in relief but still holding onto his arm. He took out his phone and turned on the flashlight.

"Sorry," I whispered.

"No, it's okay," he said.

Baekhyun's POV

After she screamed, the light street around suddenly burst. Now, it was totally dark. Sanghwa on the other side grabbed my arm firmly.

"Heol, are you okay?" I asked. Of course I am worried.

"Th-the b-bird," she said. She was shivering. Then I remember.

"Ah.. I forgot that you hate birds, sorry," I said. I looked around then informed her that the bird had gone.

Not long after, the grip on my arm loosened and she finally opened her eyes. I heard her sigh. I took out my phone to turn on the flashlight. But my phone was dead. I hold the phone but I used my hand to produce light. It's great that she didn't notice it.

"Sorry," she whispered.

"No, it's okay," I said. I know why she was saying sorry. Because she made me worried. That was what I think.

Another thing that make me think so hard is that, is her scream really that powerful? That it can even make the light street burst?

I accompanied her all the way to her house. She doesn't even dare to let go of my arm. As we reached in front of her house, I hold her hand that was holding my arm and realized how cold her palm is.

I let my arm free then put my hand on her shoulder. I looked at her and she look pale. She even sweat.

"Sanghwa, are you seriously fine?" I asked.

"I am fine," she gave a weak smile.

I touched her forehead and it was burning. "It seems like you have a fever. You need to rest. If you still don't feel well, you don't need to attend school tomorrow. I can tell the teacher," I said.

"No, I only need to rest. I will be fine tomorrow," she said.

"If you say so. Then, go and have a rest," I smiled worriedly.

I watched her walking inside. I need to make sure that she entered her house. What if something happen, right? As I waited in front of her house, she was just inches away from the door but she fell to the ground.

I rushed towards her and realized her eyes were closed. She'd fainted. I rang the doorbell first then carried her bridal style.

"Who is--Oh! Sanghwa! What happened?" Hyorin asked.

"She caught a fever and she fainted," I said carrying her inside.

"Here, here," she led the way to the sofa. Hyorin put a pillow then I put her on the sofa. She put a blanket on top of her.

"What happened to her?" Lin Ah asked who just came from upstairs with Airen. "I thought she was fine this morning."

"I think she got a fever after she saw a bird in front of her earlier. You know well that she hate birds right?" I said.

"That explained why," Airen said.

"If she still doesn't feel well tomorrow, just let her rest. I will inform the teacher," I said.

Not long after, I decided to leave but then, Sanghwa was panting. The light flickered. It felt weird. As soon as Sanghwa stopped panting, the light gets dimmer.

W-what had happened? Am I dreaming?

"I think you should go now. It's already late. Thanks for helping Sanghwa," Hyorin said.

I bowed then walked outside. I was walking all the way back to the house while processing the thing that had happened earlier. I used my power to relight the light streets

I wonder what happened.

××××