CHP 23: Cold Side

Baekhyun's POV

After that guy whose name Lee Hyun Ki bumped with Sanghwa, he didn't even apologize. Such a rude guy. But Sanghwa completely ignore it.

What's wrong?

I parted away with Lin Ah, Airen and Hyorin. I walked to the class and saw Kyungsoo and Chen were talking with Sanghwa, but she just ignored them.

I sat on my seat then greeted them. I looked at Sanghwa and realized she was not in the mood. "Hey, are you okay?" I asked.

She just shrugged her shoulder focusing on the book. Weird. She never acted like this before.

"Sanghwa," Kyungsoo called.

"What?" she finally spoke up but coldly.

"Are you o--" Kyungsoo was being cut off by her.

"If you're going to ask either I am okay or not then I am saying that I am not!" she answered furiously. I can feel the sunlight from outside getting hotter.

"Sh-she l-look scary," Chen whispered to me.

"Why is this sunlight suddenly getting hotter," I flinched.

Then I heard Sanghwa sighing. The sunlight went to normal and it even being covered by the clouds.

"I am sorry guys but just give me some time to be alone please," she said.

"O-okay," the three of us said then do our own job until the teacher came.

It was break time and as usual we gathered at the cafeteria. I can see everyone is here except, Chanyeol, Airen, Sanghwa, Sehun, Lin Ah and Kai. Where could they be?

"E-erm, where are the others?" Hyorin asked.

"Sanghwa said that she needs time to be alone," Chen said.

"And Airen said that she is meeting someone and she need privacy but Chanyeol is so stubborn that he also followed her from behind," Kris said.

"Sehun and Lin Ah are working on their project," Tao said.

"Oh. How about Kai?" Lay asked.

"Who knows where he is," Tao said.

Not long after, Kai came towards us. He sit down beside Tao with furious face.

"Kai, are you okay?" Xiumin asked.

"That Sehun," he mumbled.

"What's wrong with Sehun?" Lay asked.

"He just--" I cut him.

"Calm down Kai. This is a cafeteria. Everyone is watching," I warned. I hope he understand. I don't want him to teleport for the whole one hour in front of all students here.

He sighed then eat his food. I think he don't want to continue what he was about to say.

"I think I should be going now," Hyorin said suddenly stood up from her seat.

"Why?" Suho asked.

"I need to go to the library first. I am looking for something," she said but then she stop. "Can I perhaps talk to Luhan alone?"

"Erm.. Sure," Luhan said then he stood up and they walked away.

"Guess like everyone don't want to gather today," I sigh.

"Should we go to the music class earlier than usual?" Kyungsoo suggested.

"That will be okay since we have nothing much to do here," Kris agreed.

As we walked towards the class, we met with Chanyeol and Airen. Chanyeol told us that he need to bring Airen to the school clinic. Before we can ask why, she sneezed. That's the reason I guess.

We told him that we are going for the music class early then I saw Sanghwa. She look furious. She was going to the... Rooftop. I told them I forgot something and silently followed Sanghwa.

I climbed to the rooftop and saw her standing facing the sun. What is she doing up here? I walked towards her but unluckily stepped on a plastic bottle. I know she heard that.

She immediately turned her head towards me and I awkwardly smiled and waved at her. Instead of receiving a smile from her, she walked approaching me then just passed by.

I was startled. I turned around and saw her walking towards the door.

"Yah! What's wrong with you?" I asked. She stop on her track.

"You won't understand," she muttered.

"Understand what?" I asked totally confuse.

"My situation. No one can understand how I would feel. No one," she sniff. I guess, she's crying.

"Are you okay?" I asked.

"Don't ask that question ever again. I don't have the answer for that," she said sobbing.

"If you really have problem, tell me. I will help you no matter what," I said hoping for her to at least face me.

"You can't. It's really challenging. I would say, no one deserves to face this other than me," she said and take one step but I hold her wrist.

"If you're saying that you're going to face them alone, then I won't let that happen. When you say I can't help you, then it means, you can't solve it alone. Just like you, I also need to face something big, alone. Something challenging," I confessed.

She finally faced me, but with watery eyes.

"But this problem can only be handle by someone who really can help me. Someone stronger than I am," she said as she freed her wrist from my hand. "I am sorry, Baekhyun."

"And who do you think can help you?" I asked.

"It's one of your friends," she hinted.

"I still want to know his name," I muttered.

"It's Luhan," she answered.

I was startled. Why did she think Luhan can help her?

"But why him?" I asked.

"I can't tell you about this right now. It's a promise," she said.

"No. You're wrong. He can't help you," I said confidentally.

"And what make you think he can't help me?" she asked.

"Because I know him better than you do. He can't help you. He can't help anyone," I told her.

"You're the one who is wrong. He can help me and I am sure about it," she said.

"You're going to regret it when you beg him for a help. He can't help you. I am warning you," I said.

"I know who he is. And I am sure he can help me. He knows everything on what's happening. I am sure I am not wrong!" she said as she dash out of the door.

I was startled and upset. I just stare on the ground.

"And I know who you are, Zee. Sorry. Maybe you're right that I am going to regret everything that I did. I didn't mean to erase your memories."

××××