CHP 22: Brave Airen

Aay's POV

That was confusing. Is that girl really Zee? She's weird. Maybe it was the effect of the high fever yesterday.

Anyway, here I am well seated in the class alone. I don't know where the others go. I took out my books for the first period from my drawer. As I took it out from the drawer, a piece of paper fall to the ground.

It read 'Meet me at the rooftop and don't bring anyone'

What kind of a message is this? Who is that me? They suppose to wrote their name on this paper. Or else, others will thought that this paper is the 'me'.

I sigh then continue reading the book. Not long after, someone close my eyes.

"Yah! Who is it?" I asked.

"Guess who?" the person says. From his deep voice, I can tell who he is. I know this person.

"Chanyeol," I smiled. He let go of my eyes then sit beside me.

"You guess so well. How did you know it was me?" he asked.

"Of course from your deep voice," I chuckle.

"Daebak!" he said.

I smiled then averted my eyes towards the book.

I was preoccupied with the message earlier. What could it be? Not long after, the teacher came.

Soon, it was break time. I tidy my desk then stand up.

"Airen, where are you going?" Chanyeol asked.

"I am going to meet someone," I said being honest.

"I'll follow you," Chanyeol said standing up.

"Eh? No, no, no. You are not going with me. This is a personal issue so give me some privacy," I protested.

"Oh. Arasso," he said sitting back.

I give him a smile then I walk to the rooftop. I look around but doesn't saw anyone. Am I going to see another paper?

I was still looking around wandering on the rooftop when suddenly I got wet. It was cold. I turn around to meet Jin Hee. She is my classmate.

"J-Jin H-Hee," I shivered.

"Isn't it's fun to be treat nicely by my oppa?" she smirk.

"W-who d-do y-you m-mean?" I asked still shivering.

"Umm.. Park Chan Yeol," she said.

"What? If he treat me nicely then how did he treat you?" I asked being brave forgetting that I was still feeling cold.

"After he meet you, he treat me like a complete stranger. Did you put a spell on him?" she asked.

"You're pitiful. Looking at your attitude, I think Chanyeol should treat you like a complete stranger. After all, you deserve to be treat like that," I smirk.

"Huh? How could you say something like that?!" she shouted ready to slap me but I hold her wrist.

"I wonder what will Chanyeol think if you slap someone," I said then loosen the grip on her wrist. "Slap me then," I instructed as I closed my eyes waiting for her hand to land on my cheek.

"He won't know if you don't tell him and I know you are not someone that will tell anyone everything that had happened to you. I won't hesitate to slap you," she said.

I still close my eyes though. "Just slap me. I am waiting for it," I said calmly.

"Are you provoking me? I will slap you, if that's what you want, " she said.

I open my eyes and saw her swing her hand towards my cheek but someone hold her wrist which make me freeze.

"YAH! CHOI JIN HEE!" he shouted.

"Ch-Chanyeol op--," she stuttered.

"What do you think you're doing? This is bullying. You should be reported for your wrong doings," he said.

"Ch-Chanyeol-ah, you're grip. Its hot," Jin Hee moaned. Then, Chanyeol released the grip on her wrist.

"Jin Hee, you're not going anywhere. You will be going straight to the staffroom wi--" I cut his sentence.

"Let her go," I said.

"Mweoh?" he asked.

"Well, I enjoy it earlier. Thanks to her. She is testing my braveness anyway," I smiled.

"N-Nam Ai Ren," Jin Hee said.

"Yah, are you crazy?" Chanyeol asked.

"I am telling the truth. Thank you Choi Jin Hee," I show my grateful smile then bowed. "You should go before someone stop you."

"Nam Ai Ren, gu-gumawo," she gave a nervous smile then she walked away.

"Airen, are you insane?" Chanyeol asked.

"I thought you are the one that was insane," I said.

"What do you mean?" he asked confused.

"Why did you use too much strength on her wrist? Isn't that's too much?" I smirked.

"What are you talking about?" he asked.

"Because of your power that is flame and you use too much strength, so your hands will turns hot," I explained.

"B-but how did you--" I put my index finger on my lips asking him to stay silence.

"Shh.. I've been watching that since the day where that stranger suddenly approach me at the park and you get mad. Your hand turns instantly red like flame. And also earlier when you hold Jin Hee's wrist," I explained.

"But please don't tell anyone. I will be dead if you did that," he begged.

"Don't worry. I am also the same species as you. I have the same power as you which is flame. Isn't it sounds great?" I exclaimed.

"Mweoh? Are you being serious?" he asked surprised.

I snap my finger that form tiny flame. I then blow it. I look at Chanyeol and he have his big eyes on.

"So, you're not lying?" he asked.

"Of course I am not. Did you ever heard me lying before?" I chuckled.

"Well, yeah. So far, you never lie," he laughed. I joined him laughing but then I sneeze.

"Achoo!"

"Yah, you must be feeling cold. I'll bring you to the school clinic. You need to rest before you get cold," he said. "You might want to do that. After all, you can still hear what the teacher say with your powerful ears."

He know?! Don't tell me he also have those kind of ears. I glare at him with a face how-did-you-know. Guess he understands what I mean.

"I am sure you also have those ears because I also have it. And oh! Also erasing memories. Right?" he smirked.

"Are you a stalker?" I asked.

"Of course not you silly. Guess we really have the same power. Now, don't need to waste any time. I'll send you to the school clinic."

Then we walked together to the school clinic. I change my clothes to a fresh one and lay on the bed. I immediately cover my body with the blanket. It was cold actually. I waste my time on my phone just swiping on the screen. Waste of time. Soon enough, I drifted off to sleep.

××××