CHP 43: Overheard

The school's hall...

"Grhh.. This is all Zee's fault," Lily groaned.

"Singing is better than dancing anyway. Look at that," Aay pointed towards the dancing couples.

"Yeah, yeah. I'm going to buy some drinks. Do you want to come?" Lily asked.

"I'm fine," Aay said as she averted her eyes on the lyrics.

"Okay," Lily walked off the stage and out of the hall.

"Do you need help?" Kyungsoo asked approaching her.

"Maybe you should help me with this one. I am not sure how the tones goes," Aay said.

"Sure."

Both of them start to sing together and laughed happily. "Why don't we sing together on the actual day?" Aay suggested.

"Sounds great for me. We should informed it to Suho hyung," Kyungsoo agreed.

Both of them walked to find for Suho. As they're walking, they passed by one of the dancing couple. It was Sehun and Zee. She accidentally stepped on Sehun's foot.

"Ouch. Zee, seriously, this is the fifth time," Sehun complained.

"I told you that I can't do this," Zee said annoyed.

"Did you stepped on my foot because it was an accident or because you hate the situation right now?" he asked.

"Of course both of them. I can't focus," she told him.

"What if Baekhyun hyung is here? Will you focus?" her teased.

"Don't bring him up in this kind of conversation," she shot him a dead glare. "Now, shall we rehearse again or not?"

"Aishh... Okay," Sehun gave up.

Aay and Kyungsoo looked at each other. They continue walking while chatting. "Do you know what had happened between Zee and Baekhyun?" asked Aay.

"I am not sure but I heard that they're both soul mate," Kyungsoo answered.

"What? How come I didn't know about that?"

"Maybe your sisters didn't tell you. I know this from Chanyeol anyway. He said that all of them were witnessing the incidents. "

"Should I asked him what happened?"

"You should've just asked me," Kyungsoo rolled his eyes.

"Then tell me."

Kyungsoo started to tell her everything what he was being told. He keeps on trying to make her totally understand him so that she won't asked more questions about it. She widen her eyes in surprise when she heard everything. She was quite taken aback by it. She never know that there will be a person who will say such thing like that to her sister. It must be hurt. She thought to herself feeling guilty that she was not there but relieve that he finally apologized.

"Not only that, he also asked for her to be his Valentine partner."

"And what was her answer?"

"No one's know. They said that her voice was soft and Chanyeol couldn't listen to their conversation because of something weird. While the closest one towards them, Sehun, couldn't even managed to listen to her answer."

"Luhan should know right? He is the mind reader."

"That's another problem. He dared himself to not read people's mind at the mean time."

"What? That's ridiculous."

"I know right. Everyone was desperate while he just wanted it to be a surprise. And now, it's hard to figure it. Did she really agree with it? Because she was now Sehun's dancing partner."

"Yeah right. Will she even got a chance to spend some time with Baekhyun when she know herself that she is now Sehun's dancing partner?"

"If I was her, I will just duplicate myself."

"And people will thought you have a twin."

"It always happened like that."

"But, I know she did a wise choice. Because for us, impossible are nothing."

Both of them look at each other then laughed. It seems like both of them are best friend. They finally found Suho and told him their ideas. He agreed with it and both Kyungsoo and Aay immediately rehearse together. They really enjoy singing together.

"You really have a nice voice," Aay said.

"It's not like yours not," Kyungsoo chuckled.

"Hey, I am just saying the truth," she giggled.

The day ended up so fast. They parted away from each other and say their goodbye. Aay stay at the school for some time because she thought she left something behind in the classroom. As she expected, she left her notebook in her drawer. She put them in her schoolbag then walked out of the class. She passed by an empty class and overheard someone's conversation.

"All of our plan had ruined miserably!"

"What should we do now?"

"Don't worry. We give them some time to enjoy each other's company."

"They will all then grew closer to each other."

"That's the only way."

Strange. That voice are really familiar to me. Who is it? Aay thought. She don't want to get caught so she quickly walked away from the place. She feels like something might happen towards all of them. She thought that their future will be ruin but then she mentally slap herself. Think positive so that you will have a positive life, she take a deep breath. She was too preoccupied with her thought when she bumped into someone.

"Ouch!" she groaned.

"Oh. Sorry, sorry," the guy apologized.

"It's okay my fault-- Chanyeol?" she said as she realized the tall person infront of her.

"Are you okay?" he asked.

"Yeah. I'm fine. Totally fine," she smiled.

"Why are you still here? You should be home by now," he said. After hearing that, she look up at him and raised a brow. "I just finish settling all the music instruments on the stage for tomorrow's full rehearsal," he explained.

Aay nod her head accepting his excuse. She feel really stress because of the stranger's conversation so she have an idea. "Chanyeol, are you free?"

"Right now? Yeah, I'm free. Why?" he asked.

Aay smiled feeling glad that he is free. Without saying anything as an answer, she immediately linked her arm with his and dragged him out of the school. He was startled by her sudden action but he just follow to wherever she dragged him to. He want to stop and ask her if there is anything wrong but his feet couldn't stop itself from walking further. He just shut his mouth close until they reach the school gate.

"Where are we going?" he finally asked but his body was still being dragged.

"Just keep quiet and follow me," Aay fake a smile.

He obey her and looked at his surrounding. It was a park. She finally let go of him and stand beside some bushes. She waved her hand at Chanyeol asking him to follow her. He nod his head and they walked in between the bushes until they reach a peaceful place. It was somewhere full with greens and quiet.

"Wow," he said amazed by the scenery. Just in front of the place, there is the lake. And he was sure it is a best place to watch sunset. "Why are we here anyway?" he asked.

Aay sit down comfortably on the green grass and patted the empty space beside her. Chanyeol understand her and sit down beside her. He look at her and realize that it wasn't the same cheerful face as before. He keep on staring at her until she heave a heavy sigh. She know that he was staring at her and so she didn't dare to turn her head. Instead, she just stare at the lake. Her mouth was gaping but there are no words that coming out of her mouth. She couldn't think of any sentences to explain what she just did.

She mentally slapped herself after realizing her stupid action. Why did I dragged him here? Darn it!

××××