73

I got back from workouts and exhaustedly grabbed clothes to shower.

Adaeze was still asleep in my bed. We got let out of practice earlier than usual so she hadn't gotten up yet.

I showered and washed my hair really quick so I could go back to sleep before class.

Midterms were coming up. Which means I gotta actually go to class and pay attention. I don't feel like it.

I got out of the shower and roughly dried my hair with a towel. I tossed my clothes in the hamper then climbed back into bed.

I felt Adaeze move and looked at her.
Her eyes blinked open. "You're back..."
"You noticed I was gone?" I asked.
She started to rub her eyes. "Yea..."
"You can go back to sleep. We got out early so you have some time before we have to get ready." I told her.
She came closer to me and I wrapped an arm over her before I closed my eyes too.

~

I woke up later but it didn't feel like I was asleep for that long.
When I looked over, I saw that Adaeze was gone.

I got up to brush my teeth again and figure out what I was gonna wear.

Having a hot girlfriend is a lot of work. Now I gotta go to school actually looking like something so I don't look like she picked me up off of the street and I don't deserve her.

On the plus side, it was getting colder out so I could put on a cool hoodie and pants and make it a fit.

I grabbed a plain white tee and put it on for in case I get hot in the hoodie. Then grabbed my baggy black cargo pants.
I looked at my collection of hoodies.
Pretty sure it's 22.
Only because I buy like three every winter. My favorite brands come out with new lines. I like hoodies.

I chose the grey one. It's cool and probably my second favorite.

I couldn't wear my favorite because it was in the laundry.

I went to the bathroom and brushed my teeth before getting dressed.

I ran my fingers through my hair a few times to get it to look how I wanted. When I was done, I went to Adaeze's room.

She was in a sweater and jeans with her hair down. She sat at her little table with the mirror and lights on it while she did her makeup.

I walked to her and leaned over her a bit so my hands were on her table.
She was in between my arms.

"I am almost done..." she stated.
"I'm not rushing you." I kissed her head.
She started untwisting something. It pulled out of a tube and she almost brought it to her lips. I realized it was lip gloss.
"Wait!" I stated.
"What?" she froze.
I picked her face up and kissed her lips a few times. But I had to give her another one when I felt her smile against my lips.

"Okay, now you can." I permitted.
She giggled and began applying it.
I stole a kiss on her cheek then walked off to go find breakfast.

~~

We made it to class and walked up the stairs to our usual seats.

Fucking midterms, this is bullshit. I understand finals. End of the semester, let's make sure you grasped literally anything in this class. But what the fuck are we pausing in the middle of the semester and taking tests for? Just continue and hope I know what the hell I'm doing by the time the semester is over. Midterms are the most pointless thing in college. Right next to graded attendance. I'm already paying to be here, you aren't paying me, why the fuck am I being punished for not showing up as if I'm not already giving you money. Ignore that I have a basketball scholarship. I'm angry on everyone's behalf.
And don't get me started on paying for parking. If I think too hard about it, I'm gonna rip my hair out.

But anyways, I knew the stuff from the last few weeks cause I studied for those tests with Adaeze. But I had to lock in this week just to make taking those stupid fucking midterms easier.

The professor was already here and getting all of his stuff ready.

I looked over at Adaeze while she opened her laptop.

On it was a search of Halloween costumes.

"You were looking for costumes?" I asked her.
"Yes. I looked it up after you told me. I saw some for couples and saved some." she stated.
"Let me see."
I leaned in while she went to her saved pictures.

There was Peter Pan and tinkerbell, skeletons, woman cop and an inmate, and doctor and nurse.

I actually liked the cop and inmate one.
Is it because the cop costume was small and tight and the idea of seeing her in it was making me think weird stuff in the middle of this lecture hall?
No.
I just thought it would be fun.

"I like the cop one." I stated.
"Really?"
"Yea." The inmate one was an orange jumpsuit and handcuffs.
"Okay."
"You wanna do that?" I asked her.
"Yea."

"Good morning, everyone." our professor greeted. "Hope your weekend was a nice one."

"I'll take you to the store so we can get them later." I said.
"Okay." she nodded.

I faced back forward and looked at the professor while he got his lecture slides up.

I already regret that I have to pay attention to this.