64

We were finally getting ready to leave the skate park after being there for three hours.

The time said it was 7pm.

"I'm hungry as fuck." said Dylan. "You guys wanna grab something to eat?"
"I'm down." said Tristan.

I was quiet.

They both looked at me.

I looked away from them.

"You can bring Adaeze with us, you know." said Tristan.
"No, it's cool. We should hang out just us more. For real." I stated.
"We just did. For three hours. Call her." Tristan stated.
"Are you sure?" I asked them.
"Yes, dude. Hurry up, I'm hungry." said Dylan while he held his stomach.

I took out my phone and walked off to call her.

Fuck...even my friends think I'm too clingy.
I should weed myself off of her. Give her space. If she doesn't answer then I'll leave it at that and we'll go eat. I can just see her later. She literally lives in my house. It's fine-...

"Yes?" she picked up.
"Hey, mama." I smiled.
"Hi baby!"
I could fall to the ground and lay there.

"Were you busy?" I asked her.
"I am doing my hair."
"Oh. Okay. Are you hungry?"
"A little bit."
"Me, Dylan and Tristan are about to get food. Do you want me to bring you back something?"
"Yes, please."
"Do you know what you want? Or do you wanna be surprised?" I asked her.
"You can surprise me."
"Okay. I'll see you in like twenty minutes." I stated.
"Okay."
"Okay, bye."
We hung up and I walked back over to the guys.

"Are you going to get her?" Tristan asked.
"No, she's doing her hair right now. So I'm just gonna bring her back something."
"What a gentleman." Dylan swooned.
"Shut up."
"We were thinking Mindy's." Tristan stated.
"That's cool." I accepted.
"Bet." Dylan said and left us to go to his car.
I grabbed my stuff and started walking to my car.

I'm surprised Dylan even drove. He hates driving so most of the time he makes Tristan pick him up.

~

I got out whenever we all got there and headed inside.

Dylan ordered first since he claimed he was starving.
I ordered second and I got Adaeze the same thing I was getting but without the toppings she hates and I threw in a slice of cake since they were selling her favorite flavor.
Tristan ordered after me.

"Do you guys think I'm too clingy to Adaeze?" I asked.
"I mean..." Tristan shrugged.
"Yea..." Dylan answered.
I scratched my head in thought.

"Not in like a bad way." said Dylan.
"Yea, it's not like you can't breathe if she isn't here. It's just..." Tristan added.
"You just like having her around. Which makes since when it's some girl you like."
"Fuck, man..." I sighed.
"It's cool, dude."
"No, I act like a weirdo that can't do anything without his girlfriend. Like I want her around but I don't wanna make her my whole personality." I explained.
"She isn't. You just found somebody that you really like. We get it." said Tristan.
"Yea, plus who else is she gonna hang out with? She's not from here. It's either she's with us or she walks around alone." Dylan stated.
I nodded.

"Order 102!" said the cashier and Dylan went up to the counter.

"Relax, man." Tristan told me. "Nobody feels like you're being annoying about Adaeze. Except maybe you. Or her. I don't know what you're like at home. But we definitely don't. She's cool. You can bring her around." he told me.
"Thanks. I just...don't wanna be some clingy asshole that can't go two seconds without being around his girlfriend."
"I get it. Society makes you feel like a simp just for actually liking your girl. But I promise, it's alright. You're good."
I nodded.

"Order 103!" the cashier yelled.
That was me so I went to go get it.

She handed me the cups and the bag my food came in.
"Thank you." I stated.
"No problem."

I walked over to the drink machine to fill our cups up.

I do actually miss Adaeze.
I have a problem.

"Order 104!" That was Tristan's.

Me and Dylan stood together while we waited for Tristan to fix his drink.

"We should pop out soon. Kind of bored." Dylan said and ate a fry.
Tristan came over.
"Like bar hop?" I asked.
"Yea, I guess. Or a club."
"I'm down." I responded. "Can't get high though."
"Still doing drug tests?" Dylan asked.
"Yea. At random. So I gotta wait."
"Damn." Tristan responded.
"Tris would've gotten kicked off the team after the first week." Dylan laughed.
Tristan didn't disagree.

We started heading out.

We dapped each other up before we got in our cars and headed home.

Who cares if I'm clingy? Isn't it the honeymoon stage? Everyone's clingy during this part. It doesn't matter. It's expected. I can be clingy. Better be clingy before we leave this stage and start annoying one another. So yes, I'm clingy. And I'm excited right now. I'm about to see my baby.
I wonder what she did differently to her hair.

I pulled into the driveway after a ten minute drive and grabbed our food to head inside.

"Hey, Ko." my mom greeted while I walked in.
"Hey." I walked to the fridge to put Daisy's cake in. She doesn't eat desserts directly after dinner. She likes to wait.
"Where's Adaeze?" she asked.
I froze. "She's not here?" I questioned and shut the fridge.
"Is she? I don't know. I haven't seen her all day and I've been in the kitchen baking."
"Baking what?"
"Ms. Lisa wanted a triple layer cake made for her and Mr. Michael's 50th anniversary." she explained.
"Is she paying you?" I asked.
"She gave me 300 for it. Because of what she wants on it and it was last minute."
"Cool." My mom bakes for people as a hobby. She doesn't have a store or anything. Just people know she'll make a really nice cake at last minute if need be cause she likes it.

I headed upstairs to look for Adaeze.

I knocked on her door to see if she'd answer.

"Yeeess?" she replied.
So she is here.

I walked in. "Baby, you've been in here all da-...?"
I looked at her while she was sitting down facing me with a piece of her hair being braided down.

Her hair was all the way down to her waist and it was all braided up.
"Do you like it?" she smiled. "I saw them on a girl in my class and it made me want to do mine."
"You look beautiful." I said and walked over to her. "Is this why you've been in here all day?" I held her face in my hands and bent down to kiss her lips.
"Yes."
"How long did this take?" I asked her.
"Since you've been gone because I did not stop for a snack or to use the bathroom. I braid very fast."
"Four hours is fast?!"
"Yes for one braider. But I still have a lot left." She showed me a long piece of her hair that wasn't braided yet. It was pretty wide so she had a decent amount left I think.
"Is your hair straighter than usual?" I asked while I looked at the piece.
"I blow dried it. It made it stretch." she explained.
A blow dryer did that? Usually her Afro goes a little bit past her shoulders but this was almost at her belly button.
"Oh. Cool." I responded.
She giggled.
"What?" I asked.
"Nothing, you're cute. What'd you get?" She looked at the bag in my hand.
"Oh!"

I set it down then started taking out our food.