38

"No, that's what the fuck I'm saying! She wanted me to listen to her rant about some fucking bullshit with her friends but if I told her we lost the game she'd say 'I mean...just win the next one, right? Who cares?'." I repeated in a girly voice. "Bro, I fucking care! I don't care about how Siobhan said your skirt wasn't cute. I don't! I was there for her when her fucking cat died though! I care about important shit! Speaking of, she doesn't even fucking LIKE Siobhan! She used to tell me how annoying she was everyday! But Siobhan's rich and got her expensive birthday presents so she kept her around! I don't know why the fuck Siobhan dickrides her so fucking hard. Reagan likes Hannah more. Then fucked the guy Hannah likes! Oh my god, she's a bitch..." I groaned and laid my face back in my bag on the picnic table.

I had to have been ranting for like an hour.

"There's Adaeze." Dylan stated.
I picked my head up and looked.

She'd walked past us because we sat behind a building away from the walkway and in the shade. She was looking down at her phone.

She's about to text me.

"Call her over here." I told Dylan.
"Why me?"
"My fucking throat hurts. I've been yelling for a fucking hour!"
He sucked his teeth. "ADAEZE!"

My phone vibrated.

I looked.
"Where are you?" ~Daisy

Knew it.

I looked up and saw her walking over here.

"Hey. How was class?" Dylan asked when she reached us.
"It was okay. They had an argument." she replied.
"Who?"
"My classmates. They had a uhh...debate. And class was split into two sides. And the debate went on for a very long time."
"Ah..."

She looked at me. "Are you okay?" she asked and walked closer to me.
I leaned my head against her body.
"Aww..." she said and started gently running her fingers through my hair.
I looked at Dylan and he was glaring at me.
I stuck my tongue out at him. "You wish this was you, huh?"
"Last time I let you rant to me."
"I was joking!" I stated.
"I gotta go to class. I'll see you."
"Alright."
"Bye, Adaeze."
"Bye, Dylan." she responded.

He left.

"So she was your ex..." Adaeze stated.
I looked up at her. "She told you?"
"Dylan told me." She sat down next to me.
I sighed.

"Why not tell me?" she asked.
"Because I try to forget I know her." I snickered.
"Oh, no. You can't forget that."
"Why can't I?"
"Because then you forget what you've been through with that person. You forget lessons you learned."
I just stared at her.
"That's what my daddy taught me. I tried to forget my ex too. You cannot forget the past because that makes you repeat it. You forget lessons then you make the same mistake all over again."
"Your dad sounds smart."
"He is. That's why I always listen to him. And because he gives me money."
I snickered.

"She cheated on you." she stated.
"Damn, did he tell you everything?" I asked.
"Just that part. Really what he said was 'yea, that's Koda's cheating ass ex. She's a slut and a terrible person, do not hang out with her under any circumstances'."
I laughed. "Yea, well..."
"If she's so terrible, why did you date her?"
"Well I didn't know when we first started dating. I thought everyone liked her because she was nice. She showed me her being nice. She wasn't a complete asshole until I was like a few months deep. But even before then, I guess I did have warning signs. Like she was kind of mean to waitresses."
"Ew..."
I snickered. "Yea, ew."

"Why did you break up with your ex?" I wondered.
"He broke up with me." she admitted.
Was he mentally insane?
"I did really like him. So I was heartbroken afterwards."
"How long were you two together?" I wondered.
"Three years. We broke up earlier this year. In January."
That was around the time me and Reagan broke up.
"Did he say why?" I asked.
"He liked a different girl, thought I was too clingy, and...because I didn't sleep with him."
So he was mentally insane.
"Clingy?" I questioned.
"Yes. I used to want to be with him all the time. Even if I was only in his presence and we did not speak. He said it was too much and he needed space," she explained.
"Hm."
"But don't worry. I'm learning. I'm trying to give more space. I don't want to be clingy." she stated.

"I like clingy." I responded and looked at her. "I'm clingy."
"Really?"
"You haven't noticed? Most people would think I'm pretty clingy with you." I scoffed.
"No. I like clingy. I wouldn't notice it as something bad. Have you noticed I try not to be? I'm very bad at it..." she snickered.
"You can be clingier to me. I won't be mad at you."
"You say that now but soon I'll try to wear your clothes while you're still in them." she argued.
I laughed. "I'd let you."

I checked my phone to see the time.
"My next class starts in five minutes." I stated.
She knew my schedule by now anyway, if I skipped again she'd yell at me.
"Are you gonna be here when I get back?" I asked.
"Yes, but Ife might be here."
"Okay. Are you gonna kiss me before I leave?"
"People don't like pda." she mentioned.
"Who cares what they think?" I asked.
She giggled.
"Come on, give me one before I go. It'll be quick."

She was looking around like she was making sure people weren't watching.
"Wow. You really don't wanna kiss me. Fine. That's fine. I don't care." I grabbed my bag and stood up to leave.
"Nooo..." she giggled.
"It's fine. You don't wanna kiss me. I get it. Don't worry. I hear you loud and clear."
"Koda..."
"Nope, I'm going to class." I started walking.
"Koda, come here..."
I could've fallen to the ground.

I backed up and went back to her.
She gestured her finger for me to come closer and I bent down to her. One hand held my bag on my shoulder and the other one pressed against the picnic table.
Her hand held under my chin. "Pay attention in class, okay?" She pulled my face to her and kissed me.
"Mhm..." I nodded and kissed her again.
She giggled. "You said just one."
"Did I? I meant three." I kissed her again then stood up straight. "Stay here!" I commanded while I walked off.
"Okay!"

Crazy how my mood changed so fast.