62

The game ended and we won. We usually do if we're first to score. It brings our momentum.

We head back tomorrow morning.

I scored 23 points.

I got to 20 then made a three just for the hell of it.

I was texting Adaeze while we were on the bus back to the hotel after we stopped to get food.

'You did it!' she sent.
I snickered. 'So I get my gift tomorrow?'
'Yes'
'Can I know what it is?' I asked.
'No'
I sent the emoji that was rolling its eyes.
'You are so sassy' she sent back.
'Why can't you tell me?'
'Because I want it to be a surprise' she stated. What if I hate surprises?
I don't.
But what if?

'Fine. Are you gonna be up in like thirty? After we get back and I shower?' I asked.
'I don't know'
'Stay up. I wanna call you.' I told her.
'Okay'

I might be losing my mind but I'm genuinely upset that she won't be latched onto me when I go to bed later. I'm gonna get to the room and not see some beautiful ass woman sitting on my bed waiting for me with the most perfect pearly white smile. Why are we put on this earth if only to suffer?
I'm gonna start packing her up with the rest of my stuff.

~

I finally finished showering and grabbed my phone when I got back to the room.

I let it ring while I tossed my dirty clothes into a bag to wash when I get back home. I started packing up the stuff I wouldn't need in the morning, just to get it out of the way.

She picked up.
Trent wasn't in here, he was probably hanging out with Jude so I had the room to myself for a minute.

"Hi, sexy." she smiled at me.
I chuckled because I knew she said it because I was in front of the camera shirtless. "Hey, mama."
She answered at her desk with her phone propped up. She had her glasses on, her hair up, and I could see she was in a small shirt for bed.
"Why aren't you in bed?" I asked her.
"I was finishing my work. And studying. But I am done now."
"Oh okay." So studious. I'm dating a nerd. Was I supposed to be doing homework?
"When do you come back?" she wondered.
"Some time in the morning. I should be back before 1pm, we have a pretty early flight."
"What time is your flight?" she asked.
"9am." I answered.
"You should be sleeping! Why would you call me? They will make you get up at the break of dawn. Do not call my phone. Go to bed."
I laughed. "I'm fine. I'll just sleep on the plane or the ride there. All of my stuff is already packed."
"You should be asleep." she insisted.
"Why are you bullying me?" I asked.
"Eh? How am I bullying you?"
"You won't let me stay awake." I stated.
"You have to get up at 6 in the morning and you hate to be awake. It is 11 at night and you have no time to sleep. You speak to me like I have only just met you. You will not wake up in the morning if you do not go to sleep. You sleep like a victim in comatose. I have seen your eyes shut more times than open. Now, I am bullying you. You sleep like you are trying to join the dead. And if you do not stay asleep for 24 hours, you are grumpy and whine about how you are 'so tired'." she mocked. "You need to be checked. I will get in contact with your doctor. This is not normal. You start to shut down if you've been awake longer than three hours."
I just laid there listening to her.

She doesn't like being interrupted. But when she's serious she talks for a minute. In paragraphs.

"Why are you trying so hard to be awake?" she asked.
"Because I miss you and I like hearing your voice. Even when you're roasting me." I admitted.
She just stared around with no response.

This is my favorite part.
She bullies me for five minutes then I say something sweet to her and she doesn't know how to respond.

She's about to bully me again.

"Well then why would you let me keep speaking, wasting minutes about foolishness? We could have been talking about something productive but you let me keep going. Yappa yappa yappa, now it is almost midnight and you have a flight in the morning. You've just wasted time."
I laughed. "Because I like hearing you talk."
"No."
I snickered. "What do you mean 'no'? When I get back I want you to talk my ear off. I wanna hear you rant and complain and tell me what I missed while I was gone."
She was smiling but refused to look at me.
"Deal?" I asked.
She looked so cute.
"Yes, my love." She finally looked back at me.

"Oooo 'my love' I like that." I admitted.
"I have called you my love multiple times."
"No, you haven't."
"Yes, I have." she argued.
"No. You've called me baby, sexy, Koda, and...some stuff I can't pronounce."
"Ololufe?" she said.
"Yea, that too."
She giggled.
"What?" I asked.
"Ololufe is similar to 'my love', my love."
"Oh..."
She giggled again.
"Well you didn't tell me that."
"Right. My apologies." she said sarcastically.
"Ololufe..." I repeated.
"Mhm."
"That's pretty."
"Isn't it?"
"You've called me that a lot. Usually when I've never tried something though."
She laughed. "Because I am so shocked."
"There's stuff you've never tried. I gotta come up with a nickname to say every time you say you've never had it. Just to patronize you."
"How rude."
"You do the same thing to me!" I laughed.
"Noooo..."
"Yeeesss..." I teased.
"Whatever..."
"Did you just whatever me?!" I asked.
"Yes. Whatever." she repeated.
"You've never done that. I can't believe this."
"You 'whatever' things all the time!" she argued.
"Not you!"
"Whatever."
"WOW!?" I yelled and she laughed.