60

The plane ride was pretty tame. I slept for most of it or watched a little bit of a movie before I fell back asleep.

None of us were really that talkative because everybody was tired. We all had to wake up between 5 and 6am. We just wanted to be asleep.
Half of us slept in the plane and the other half slept in the bus ride to the hotel. Somehow I fall into both halves.

We made it to our hotel and I checked the time. Adaeze should be on her way to class right now.

I sent her a text.

'In class?'

I watched the screen because usually she texts back pretty fast. But this time she didn't.
I just tossed my phone onto the bed and tried to figure out if I wanted to unpack or finish my nap.

Obviously I chose the latter. You should know that I don't turn down the opportunity to nap.

I threw myself onto my bed and kicked my shoes off.

I'd be sharing this room with Trent. Two beds and one bathroom. We don't really speak to each other though so it would be like he wasn't even there.

I grabbed my phone again to check if I got a text and just didn't hear it.

Still nothing.

What the hell?

I started typing.

'We just got to the hotel' I sent.

I stared at the screen.

Where is she?

Did she forget her phone at home?

She's never done that before.

Is she busy?

Not too busy to respond to me.

Should I call her?

No, what if she is in class?

I sound insane.

I sighed and turned my phone off.

If I go to sleep, she'll probably answer before I wake up.

I put my arms behind my head and rolled over to lay on my back. I closed my eyes.

My phone vibrated and I sat up to look at it.

Instagram notification.

I dropped my phone back on the bed and rolled over to my other side. I don't even use that fucking app, why is it notifying me?
I closed my eyes and tried to fall asleep.

A few minutes went by and I was still awake for some reason.

My phone vibrated again.

It was probably just another app notification.
Right?

But what if it is her?

I mean it'll be fine. I'm sure she can wait a bit before a response. Like I did.

I turned over and grabbed my phone again.

ESPN notification.
I groaned and laid back down with my hands on my face.

Where is my girlfrieeeeennnnddd?!

It's literally making me fucking anxious. Like where is she?
I moved my hands and stared at the ceiling.

Is she mad at me?
What have I done since yesterday that could have made her mad?
Should I have woken her up to tell her before I left?She's not a terrible morning person so she would've been confused but not angry.

I was a little upset I forgot to kiss her goodbye before I left. I thought about that all the way to baggage claim. What if she thinks I don't care about her? Even though she was asleep at the time.

Please answer me.
Please.
What did I do wrong?
Are you mad at me?
Should I text her again? Maybe she lost her phone and if it vibrates from my text, it'll get her attention and she'll find it then respond and I'd be like a coincidental hero?

I continued laying there (im)patiently for a while.
Still trying to think of if I might've accidentally made her mad at me.

~

It's been a little over an hour and she still has not responded and I still haven't fallen asleep.
Because I'm about to rip my hair out.

I grabbed my phone again.

So far the text chain read:

'In class?' 10:29am
'We just got to the hotel' 10:31am
'It's not bad' 10:46am
'Are you mad at me?' 11:00am
'Can you tell me what I did wrong please?' 11:02am
'I'm sorry' 11:11am

What have I done that could have upset her into giving me the silent treatment?
Maybe it really is the leaving without saying goodbye. I'd be upset if she didn't kiss me before she left. Oh my god, I'm a terrible boyfriend.

Her little typing bubbles popped up.

My heart was racing and I sat there waiting for her response. I was tapping on my phone the whole time.
I can smother her in kisses when I get back. Or...will it be too late by then?

'Hi baby! I was in class and I forgot to charge my phone last night so I have been staying off of it to save its battery. It was in the bottom of my purse, I'm sorry' she texted.

'I am not mad at you. I miss you' she sent.

It felt like I could finally breathe. My cold sweat was going away.
Something about the 'baby' helped me relax. She didn't used to call me it until I called her it and she thought it was cute. Now it makes me smile a little because I know she got it from me.

'I miss you too. I'm gonna call you when I wake up and when you get out of class'
'Okay' she sent it with a cute smiling emoji.

I could finally go to sleep.

Hope she won't be too lonely while I'm taking my nap. She was right, she can be kind of clingy.