24

Me and Tatum got back an hour before my date with Adaeze.

I found some stuff to wear tonight and was about to start getting ready since I had to shower. Which usually takes me about half an hour.

I don't know why I bought a completely new fit for this. I had clothes I could've chosen from.
They just didn't feel good enough.

I hurried up and got in the bathroom to take a shower.

So I had everything figured out.

First we'd get food. From one of the better places in the city. Then we'd go to this outdoors exhibit they open only at night. Where a bunch of artists and creators show off their stuff. And after seeing how she treated the market that had a lot of people selling their art and jewelry, I figured she'd like that. I don't know. Then once everything digests from walking, I wanna take her to this frozen yogurt spot me and my family used to go to a lot. It's good as fuck. I don't know if she's ever had froyo, but I guess I'll find out. Either way, we're going. And after that I think I'm gonna just ask her if there's anything else she wants to do since she's new here.
It sounds fine enough.

I'd probably be broke afterwards but it's alright. I'll just clean the gutters or something and get dad to pay me.

I'm still using up the money I saved from my internship over the summer. So I can afford this, I just hope it's not the last thing I'll be able to afford.

~

I got out of the shower and started throwing my clothes on.

My hair wasn't wet but it was damp. I didn't feel like drying it with a blowdryer.
I had a t-shirt, hoodie, and baggy pants that went with my favorite sneakers.
For jewelry I put on a bracelet and my studs.
Then spritzed myself in the cologne she compliments the most.

I checked the time when I was done and it was 6:24.

I did a second look at my fit to make sure I looked alright. Then grabbed my keys and wallet off of my dresser to head to Adaeze's room.

I stood in front of her door and took a deep breath.

I knocked.

"One minute!" she stated.

She's still not ready yet? It's been four hours.

Her door opened.

I almost pushed her further into the room and shut the door behind me.

She was in this black dress, not as casual as the one I saw her wear earlier this week. It had a split in it. I could fucking bang my head against the wall over it.

Her hair was out in an Afro again. She wasn't wearing her glasses. But she was in heels. She smelled fucking amazing. Makeup and dress and everything was just perfect. I wanna lick her...
Sorry.
I don't know where that came from.

"Do you like it?" she asked and I realized I'd been staring.
She did a turn.
Oh my god...kiss me. Please kiss me. Just kiss me. Can I kiss you? Cause I will. I'll do it. I swear to god.

She was smiling so brightly while she showed me. I'm gonna bang my head against the wall for real at some point tonight.

"You look amazing." I finally responded.
"Thank you. You look amazing too." she smiled.
I look like I shouldn't even be allowed in the same room as her.

"Uh...We might be walking a lot. Are those shoes gonna be comfortable?" I asked her.
She looked down at them.
She got her toes done too.
Listen...I'm not a feet guy by any means. But even those were pretty. I'm starting to wonder if this woman has any flaws. Maybe she snores or something.

She walked away from the door and I stepped inside to see where she'd go.

She took those shoes off then grabbed a different pair that still matched her dress. She put them on.
"These are more comfortable." she explained. "Does it still look okay?"
"You could put on a trash bag and I still wouldn't think you looked bad."
She giggled. I was dead serious.

"Are you ready?" I asked her.
"Mhm." She came out of the room and shut her door.

Then led us downstairs.

We reached the last step and I saw my mom in the kitchen.

"Hey, you two. Oh, wow! Adaeze you look beautiful! Where are you two headed?" she asked.
My eyes bulged.
"We-..."
I cut Daisy off. "Just to show her around so she gets more familiar with the city. We gotta go. Before traffic gets bad." I said and gently pushed Daisy towards the door.
"Traffic? It's 6:30."
"Yea, but you know how the people here are. Shitty drivers." I said and opened the door.
Adaeze walked out.
"Bye, love you!" I told my mom then shut the door.
I took out my keys to lock it.

"Why didn't you tell her?" Adaeze asked.
I sighed as we started walking to the car. "Because my mom can over indulge in my romantic life and I didn't want her to make this weird." I said quietly.
We got in.
"I see. My mother does the same. She asks me very often when I will get married. Can I finish college first?"
I snickered as I started the car. "Yea, my mom is waiting for me to get married. I think she just wants a daughter in law or a granddaughter. She thought it would happen sooner rather than later. But that changed."
"Why?"
"Me and who she thought I would marry broke up."
"Ahh..."
Why does it feel like she keeps coming up in conversation?

"Where are we going?" Adaeze asked.
"Are you hungry?"
"Yes. All I had was breakfast and it was just a bagel."
"That's it?"
"Yes, I finished an assignment and got started on a future one then went to see you."
"And then you started getting ready?" I added.
"Yes."
"It's a good thing I planned food first."
"I'm very excited." she smiled.