43

Friday came around faster than I expected. We didn't have class so when I got back from practice this morning, Adaeze was still asleep in my bed.

I know she pulled an all nighter Tuesday for our test on Wednesday but I think she did the same Wednesday for a different test yesterday. And then she never napped yesterday so she's been exhausted for two days.

I didn't mind. I was about to go back to sleep too since I'd finished my shower.

I climbed back in bed and she rolled over to me. I held her in my arms and closed my eyes.

~

I woke up to someone knocking on my door.

"Ko?" It was Dad.
"Hm?" I answered drowsily.
The door opened and I picked my head up so fast.
"Don't come in!" I said loudly but he'd already glanced inside.

Adaeze was still asleep and curled into me with my arm over her.

"Just wanted to know if you felt like pizza..." he said.
He ignored the fact she was there.
"Uh...Yea...that's fine."
"Alright." He nodded and was about to shut my door.
"Why aren't you at work?" I wondered.
"I don't have a case. So there's no need. I can work from home for the rest of the stuff I have to get done."
"Oh."
"Yea. Use protection."
"It's not like that!" I whispered.
He shut the door.

Adaeze mumbled a bit and buried closer to me.
"I'm sorry..." I whispered.
I laid back down.

She was still asleep. Her eyes were gently closed and her lips were parted a bit. Her hand rested against my chest.

I checked the time and noticed I had a text from Dylan.

"The movie is for 7" he sent. "Some horror movie called The Damned"
It was 2:30 right now.
I looked at Adaeze. I don't think she's ever slept this long as long as she'd been here.
She had to have not slept at all over the past two days.

Should I wake her up at some time? I know she likes to get ready early. And I think it takes a while. Maybe at 3 I'll wake her up if she isn't already up.

I texted back 'alright' then put my phone back on my nightstand and laid back down.

I closed my eyes just to rest them for a bit.

But it wasn't for long because I felt Adaeze getting up.

I looked at her and she was rubbing her eyes and stretching.
"Good morning." I greeted. "Well, afternoon."
"It's the afternoon?" she asked softly.
"Yea."
She sighed. "I'm still so tired."
"Then lay back down. It's Friday, we don't have anything to do."
"But our date..." she said while she laid back down.
"It's not until 7, we'll be fine." I pulled the blanket further on top of us and she came closer with her eyes closed.
"But-..."
I closed my eyes too. "Shhhhhh...sleep." I whispered.

~

We woke up after another hour and a half then finally started getting ready.

I finished getting ready first like usual then sat on her bed while she tried to pick what to wear.

"I'm hungry." she said while she swiped through her clothes.
We didn't eat all day. We were too busy sleeping. Personally I count that as a date. In my mind the movie is our third date. How many people do you just cuddle up to and talk with until you both doze off together? That's a date. I don't care.
"Do you wanna eat while we're still here or wait until the movies and get a bunch of stuff?" I offered.
"Hm..." she said but I couldn't tell if she was thinking about food or clothes. "I want to eat at the theater. I like popcorn."
"Okay."

"Is this pretty?" she asked and held out a blue dress. "My jeans are not clean."
"I like that one." I told her.
"Okay."
She pulled off her shorts and it caught me off guard. I looked away. As if I'd never seen her naked before.

"What is the movie?" she asked.
"Uhh..." I was staring at my pants. "I think he told me it's some horror movie."
"Ah..."
"Do you like horror movies?"
"I've only seen one and it was not very good." she responded.
"Well hopefully this one is better." I picked my head up and looked at her.

It was a tight and long blue dress with these really skinny straps. She wasn't wearing a bra under it.

"Come here..." I panted.
She laughed a little and came over to me. She stood between my legs while I still sat in her bed. I held her waist in my arms as she held my face in her hands and we kissed.

I got a text and took out my phone.
I noticed it was 6:15pm.
"I'm about to pick her up and then go to the theater" Dylan sent.
I gave it a thumbs up.
"Dylan's on his way. Are you ready to go?" I asked and stood up.
"I need a jacket." She walked back to her closet to look for a jacket. She grabbed a long sweater and put it on. Then her purse. "Okay."

We headed out of her room and walked downstairs.

"We'll be home late." I told my mom.
"Okay, be safe."
"Always." I grabbed my keys off the hook by the door and we left.

I didn't know anything about the movie except that it was a horror. I didn't even look it up because I wanted to be surprised. Horror movies don't scare me so I figured I'd make it interesting by going in blind.