10

The rest of the week was tame.

It was me either on the game, working out in the garage, sleeping, or trying not to stare at Adaeze for too long.

And also trying to figure out if she was flirting with me or not.
I genuinely can't tell.
I think the boldness is what makes me think she's just being friendly.
She called me pretty four times this week. Handsome twice. I lifted a heavy bin up to the top shelf in her closet for her and she called me sexy.

She was serious when she said I'd be the one she'd get to help her while she was here. I don't hate it. It's not like she makes me do anything hard. Plus when I'm done she flashes me a pretty smile and says thank you in that cute voice and accent. I don't hate it at all.

Tomorrow class starts. Our first class we take together so that was easy. I need to know the rest of her schedule since I'm her ride home too.

I just laid in bed in my underwear after my shower and stared at the ceiling with my arms behind my head.

I need to go to sleep.

~~~

My alarm woke me up and it felt like I blinked last night and it was morning.

I turned it off and flipped over onto my back to rub over my face.
Last year. Just one more year.

I got up and went through my drawer to find pants then threw on the first pair of sweats I could find and left the room.
Bathroom was empty so I yawned and walked over to it.

She was just in here.
I feel creepy when I do that. Throughout the week I could tell when she was just in a room because that sweet fragrance would linger a bit longer after she left.
It's crazy she can do that but it's still not too strong. Just smells good.

I grabbed my toothbrush and got it ready before starting to brush my teeth.

I paused with the toothbrush still in my mouth to rub on deodorant then went back to it.

Something caught my eye and I looked.

Adaeze walked in.
She looked at me and I remembered I was shirtless. She looked at me being shirtless. I just stood there because what else am I supposed to do?
"Good morning, sexy." she smiled at me as she grabbed what she wanted and left.

I was still frozen, holding my toothbrush in my mouth.

Is she flirting with me?

What if I'm misinterpreting the word sexy and it's actually a Nigerian word that means something completely different? Like 'friend'.

Those thoughts didn't last long when I realized that when I saw her and she was in a skirt this time, it was long and low on her hips. And she had a small shirt to wear with it. Her body is fucking insane.

She was practically ready for the day and I had just gotten up. I wondered what time she woke up.

Tatum walked into the bathroom.
I spit into the sink. "Aren't you late?" I asked.
"Yea, I was late last week too. They don't care." he said and grabbed his toothbrush. "I gotta get a car, man. Being a senior still driven by his parents and older brother is so fucking lame."
"If you'd stop being late and actually had good grades last year, you'd have a car."
"What're you my mom?" He started brushing.
I shoved him out the way and he turned off the light when he left the bathroom.
I sucked my teeth and flicked it back on.

Another rule in this house. Get a license and whenever your grades are honor roll, you get a car of your choice (within reason). He could make life so much easier for himself if he just wasn't dumb.

I went back to my room to throw on a shirt and probably a hoodie because most classrooms are cold as fuck.

I put my laptop in my bag and grabbed a pen to throw in there too since I already had my notebook in there.
I put on shoes then picked up my bag and threw it on my shoulder before leaving my room.

I found my shaker and poured milk in it, then found my container of protein powder and tossed in a scoop. I topped the cup and started shaking it then saw we had everything bagels. Fucking love bagels, dude.

I opened it and took one then put it between my teeth and kept shaking my cup.

"Shit, I should've put a banana in here." I thought out loud.
I grabbed a banana and started unpealing it before just tossing it into the blender.
I got ice out of the freezer and threw that in too. Then untopped my shaker and poured the drink into the blender before topping the blender and blending. I took a bite of my bagel.

"Morning, champ." my dad said.
"Morning." I said and stopped the blender. I poured it all back into my shaker then put my bagel back in my mouth.
I topped the shaker then grabbed a water bottle from the fridge and put it in the small pocket on the side of my bag.

"Where's Adaeze? You two should be heading out, shouldn't you?" he asked.
"Ye-..."
"Oh there she is." he stated.

"TATUM, LET'S GO! I GOTTA GO TO WORK, BUD!" Dad yelled and left the house.

Adaeze came down the stairs. "I'm ready."
"You want breakfast first?" I asked her.
"No, I ate already."
How early did she wake up???
"Alright, let's go." I ate another bite of my bagel.

Tatum ran down the stairs and out the house.

Adaeze walked towards the door and I followed behind her.
My eyes trailed.
Back dimples.
I picked my eyes up and just focused on my bagel and protein shake while we left the house.

~~~

We got to the school and got out. I grabbed my bag from the backseat and threw it on one shoulder.

"This class is an hour and fifteen minutes. That's not terrible." she stated as we walked.
"That's not long to you?"
"No, not super long."
"That feels like forever to me."
"Really?" she snickered.
"I don't know, I get bored really fast. Especially if they aren't talking about something I care about. Which most of the time, they aren't."
"And what do you care about?" she asked.
"Basketball."
"Mm. So I should talk about basketball so you'll listen."
I chuckled. "No, I'll listen to you about whatever but professors are just naturally boring."
"Ah. What else do you care about?"
"Food."
"I can talk about food."
I laughed. "You don't have to."
"I should make the plantains soon."
"Yes, you should."
"Are you excited?"
"To try it?"
"Mhm." She nodded.
"Yea, I'm excited."
"I also want you to try rice."
"I've had rice before." I snickered.
"No. Jollof rice. Much different than regular rice."
"Okay. I'll try that too."
"Good."

We made it to the building and I opened the door for her.

"Thank you." she said cutely.
"You're welcome." I responded.

We walked to the lecture room we were supposed to be in.
We weren't late but we cut it close.

I let her walk in first and I followed behind.
People that knew each other already were talking since the professor wasn't here yet.

I looked at the empty spots then noticed something.

Shit.