15

We were about to get in the car when I noticed Adaeze had stopped walking.
She gasped.
I looked.

She was looking at a stray cat.

"Oh my goodness, hello..." she said to it.
The cat was looking back at her with its tail high.
She crouched down with her legs together since her skirt was tight.
"Come here. I won't hurt you." she stated and rubbed her fingers together.

The cat started approaching.

"Hi baby..." she said softly.

I'm gonna keep this thought to myself.

The cat reached and her hand gently rubbed its head to its back.
"You're so pretty." she said as she gently scratched under the cat's chin.
The cat lifted its front legs to her knees and she picked it up like a baby and stood up to hold it in her arms.

"Are you a...homeless?" she asked it.
I snickered, figuring she meant stray.
She walked over to me with the cat in her arms.
"Look how pretty." she said with gentle fingers rubbing its cheeks.
The cat had its eyes closed in bliss, purring.
"Yea." I responded.
She pet it a little longer before bending down.
"Okay, off you go now." she stated.
The cat hopped out of her arms and she walked to her door but it followed.
She bent down and pet it just a little longer. "I have to go..." she said with light scratches to its head.
She looked at me and crouched again. "Can we have a cat for a year?"
I snickered. "I'd say yes but my mom's really allergic."
She looked back at the cat. "I'm sorry." Then stood up.
It meowed at her.
"I know but I really have to go." she explained to it.
It meowed again then walked off.

She even draws animals to her. This isn't a real person.

I walked to my side and we both got in the car.

~~~

I waited patiently for my turn to get in the shower.

I felt bad. Adaeze had been showering for fifteen to twenty minutes since her first night here and I knew it was probably because I yelled at her. But I really didn't know it was her. She got in at the time Tatum usually did.
But I can't just tell her "hey, shower however long you want" because that's weird as fuck.

I heard the bathroom door open so I got up so I could get in before Tatum who won't give a fuck about taking an hour and a half.

I opened my door and saw Adaeze walking back to her room. She wears these small silk pajama shorts to bed and...

"Are you done in there?" I asked her.
She turned around to see me. "Mhm."
"Alright." I nodded.
"Goodnight, sexy." She smiled and walked into her room.
I looked around like I was making sure no one was here to witness that but once the coast was clear I embarrassingly smiled to myself.

If my parents found out I liked the girl we were hosting they'd probably make a big deal about it and then I'd be more embarrassed and constantly trying to run away from them in their own house.
And if Tatum found out he'd ruin it for me as a joke. Like telling her I was cheated on and cried for a week or some bullshit.
I hate when people know I like someone. It ruins the experience.

I walked into the bathroom.
It smells so fucking good in here.

~

I had to wake up at 6:30 for conditioning today but the moment I got back home, I showered and went back to bed. So I missed my first class today. I'm sure all he talked about was the syllabus anyway.

But it was 10:45 now so I had to get ready to bring Adaeze to campus since she had an 11:30.

I left my room after throwing on pants to brush my teeth. I heard Adaeze coming out of hers while I was on my way. I looked.

She was in jeans and a blue shirt this time. The shirt was tight and so were her jeans so even though she was fully covered, her body was obvious. Then again it's probably hard to hide it anyway. Her hair was in this large puff of hair on top of her head with a scarf. And she was already wearing her glasses.

"Hi, Koda." She smiled at me as she left her room.
"Hey..."

"Good morning, you two." I heard and turned around to see my mom.
"Good morning!" Adaeze replied.
"Good morning." I responded and those two headed downstairs.

I scratched my head and just walked into the bathroom.

I finished getting ready in like fifteen minutes after throwing on a shirt.
I found Adaeze downstairs eating an apple.

"Daisy." I called.
She looked at me and pushed her glasses up higher on her nose.

I don't have any thoughts.

"Yes?" she answered.
What was I gonna say?

"Are you ready to go?" I asked.
She nodded with a cute grin.
I gestured my head for her to follow me out.

What am I gonna do while she's in class? Dylan should be on campus so I guess I'll let him bother me.

We got in my car and I turned it on.

"Where will I be able to find you when I get out of class?" she asked.
"Just call me and I'll tell you where I'm at."
"Okay."
"You know what building you're going to?" I made sure.
"Mercy."
"Alright."

~~

I'd dropped Adaeze off fifteen minutes ago and was just sitting outside for now.

I gotta figure out what I'm gonna do to waste the time besides just sitting here scrolling through posts I don't care about.

I took my phone and texted Dylan.

He should be here and probably out of class by now.