2

"Let's go, you two!" dad shouted.

"I don't understand why we have to go. Can't you two just pick her up and we meet her here?" Tatum asked. I honestly agreed with him.
"No. We're gonna go to the airport and pick her up as a family." said Mom.
"Truck's gonna be packed." I stated.
They sighed.
How did they not think about that?

"Alright. Ko, you drive you and your brother and you follow behind your dad." my mom instructed.
"Alright." I guess that's better, but I'd rather not leave the house to walk around some crowded airport anyway.
They both walked outside.

My phone vibrated.
I took it out and read the message. "Yo." Dylan sent.
"What?" I responded.
"Wya? Me and Tristan are going to the skate park."
"Can't. Gotta drive to pick up the girl I told you about from the airport."
"Fr? Bro take me with you!"
"Why?"
"I wanna meet her"

"LET'S GO!" my dad shouted.

I sighed. "Alright I'm comin. Where are you?" I texted.
"My house."

I went upstairs to grab my keys and a hoodie. We spent the last two days cleaning up the house. Really my mom cleaned the house and my dad made me and Tatum help him with the yard. But our house isn't small so that shit took forever. She's not a part of the home owner's association so I don't even know why the fuck we did that but we cleaned the pool, fixed the flowerbeds, cut the grass, and washed the outside of the house.

I threw my hoodie on with the hood on my head and walked out of the house.

"I gotta pick up Dylan on the way!" I shouted as I walked to my car.
"Why?!" my mom asked.
I shrugged and got in my car.

Tatum sat with his seat all the way back like he planned on taking a nap in my car.
My dad left and I followed behind him.

"Why are we gettin' Dylan?" he asked.
"Said he wanted to meet her."
"Why?"
I shrugged.
"He got a fetish or something?" Tatum wondered.
"I don't know, dude. Hopefully not." I responded.
"What do you think she'll be like?" he asked me.
"I don't know. I don't have an expectation."
"Aren't their accents funny?" he questioned.
"Funniest accent is british people."
"True. Or like...Scottish."
"Dude, fucking Irish people."
"Dude, yes! Irish people just sound like if Scottish people were happy."
I laughed.

"Your girl's gonna be pissed when she finds out." he laughed.
"I don't have a girl."
"Tell her that."
"Why do you even know about that?" I questioned.
"Word gets around. Both of you are still friends with people from around here. She keeps saying you guys are getting back together and obviously people tell me because you're my brother."
"We're not getting back together. It's been six months." I stated.
"She was hot."
"Not enough to make me get back with her. Broke up with her for a reason."
"Yea, she cheated on you." he laughed.
I hit him in the chest and heard him groan.

I pulled into Dylan's driveway and honked.

His mom opened the door.
"Shit, didn't know she was home." I thought out loud.
I rolled the window down since my car was tinted and poked my head out.
"Good morning, Mrs. Connors!" I stated.
"Good morning, Koda!"

Dylan squeezed past her and came to the car.

He got in the back and the moment his door closed, I drove off.

"Tristan know you're not at the skatepark?"
"Yea. Where are we going?"
"Just got in a car without knowing where it's going? We could've kidnapped you." Tatum stated.
"Bro, shut up." Dylan snapped.
"We're going to the airport." I answered.
"Damn how long is a flight from here to Africa?"
"Don't know. Google it." I responded.
"Don't feel like it."

"I wonder if she's hot. I don't discriminate." Dylan stated.
"You know like two black people. You discriminate a little." I argued.
"DUDE, SHUT UP!" he yelled and I laughed. "I'm not racist, I swear."
"Sure."
"If she is hot, Reagan's gonna be even more pissed." Tatum stated.
"Oh yeaa! Dude, wait until she finds out you're housing some random girl." said Dylan.
"I don't give a fuck what Reagan thinks, she's not my girlfriend."
"She thinks she is." Dylan stated.
"That's what I said." Tatum responded.
"Well she isn't." I argued.
"She probably bites anybody that looks in your direction, dude, she's crazy." Dylan scoffed.
I didn't respond.
"Her voice probably goes down eight octaves when someone calls you hot. She just goes "HE'S MINE!"." Tatum said in a creepily deep voice and him and Dylan bursted out laughing.

"Omg, Koda is so hot and tall and he skates and plays basketball-..." said Dylan girlishly.
"HE'S MINE!" Tatum did the deep voice again and they laughed louder.

I wanted to laugh.

"Dude, when she sees the new girl and you on campus together..." Tatum began and sat up.
"SHE'S GOING TO SCHOOL WITH US?!" Dylan yelled and leaned forward to be in the front.
"Yea. I gotta drive her and show her around."
"Oh you're fucked!" Dylan laughed. "She might try to fight her."
I rolled my eyes.
"What's the new girl's name?"
"Adaisy." I answered.
"Adaisy? Like A...daisy?"
"I don't know. That's what my dad said."
"Huh."
"I mean probably. They all have weird names." Tatum stated.
"She'll probably think your name is weird." I told him.
"My name's not weird. Your name is fucking weird." he snapped.
"Both of your names are weird. They sound like your mom's a vegan hippy."
"Bro, you have a fucking basic white boy name!" Tatum snapped and turned to look at Dylan. "You know how many fucking Dylan's there are in the world?"
"Tatum sounds like a fuckboy and Koda sounds like the name of a fuckin' zoo koala!"
"Every Dylan is a fucking dick! Nobody likes Dylans. Rather a fuckboy name than some basic white bitch name everybody hates."
"Whatever, fuckboy."
"Fucked your mom."
Dylan hit him in the head. Tatum threw an empty water bottle at him.

I'm not stopping this. I don't stop fights I don't care about.

~~~

I pulled into the airport parking garage behind my dad. It was the weekend so it was hard to find a spot.

We had to go up three floors before we found one but I had to keep riding to find a second.

"Right there." said Tatum.
I saw it and pulled in.

We got out then walked around to go find my parents.

"We ready?" my dad asked.
"Oh my goodness, I'm so excited." my mom stated. "Finally another girl in the house."
We headed towards the airport.

Maybe now she'll stop trying to get me to watch reality shows with her.

But she'd rather me than Tatum.
I have a better relationship with both of them than he does. Again it's only because of him and that wrong crowd I mentioned. If he wasn't such a people pleaser to assholes, our parents would like him more. My brother used to be one of my favorite people. Now I hardly tolerate him. One day he'll go back to normal. Hopefully.

We walked through the airport looking at everything and talking about bullshit while we followed my parents.

"Dude, she's hot." Tatum stated and I saw him looking at some girl with black hair walking with a pink suitcase. "Wish that was her." he added.

We kept walking.

"We don't even know what we're looking for. How do we know if we found her?" Dylan asked.
"Just look for some girl in some bright tribal clothes with patterns. Probably with a lion on a leash." Tatum answered. I slapped him in his head and he rubbed it.

"That's her gate, guys! Hurry!" said my mom.
We followed closer behind and I watched my dad take something out of his back pocket.

It was paper. He started unfolding it.

The people started leaving the gate.

"I'm hungry. Can we get something to eat before we leave here?" Tatum asked.
"You payin'?" I looked at him.
"Why do I have to? You're the older one!"
"Cause it was your idea."
"I want a soft pretzel." said Dylan.
"I want a slice of pizza." said Tatum.
"If you're buying it."
"You fucking suck."
"Dude, you have money." I stated.
"Doesn't mean I wanna spend it."
"Then starve."

"Oh my goodness, there she is!" my mom said happily and all three of us looked in that direction.