20

I woke up for the second time this morning after falling back asleep when I finished showering from weights.

I'd still be asleep if I didn't need to bring Adaeze. Plus us having a class together keeps me motivated.

I got up to find what I'd wear.

I decided to not look like a bum today.

I went through my drawers to figure out what I wanted to wear.
I grabbed a pair of jeans and a black t-shirt.

When I threw it on, I looked in my long mirror.

I grabbed my white sneakers and put them on then looked at my jewelry on my dresser.

I usually only wear earrings on days we go out. I remember I got my ears pierced with two of my teammates one night when we were drunk. I don't think my mom is over that.
I put in my diamond studs and grabbed my thin silver chain necklace.

I need a haircut. It's getting shaggy. I don't look gross but I'm used to my hair being shorter.
Usually I'd get it cut before school starts but I was just ready for this year to be over.

I put my bag on my shoulder to make sure the whole look was something I liked.

It was good. Wondered if I should wear a belt since my pants were hanging a little low. But I hate belts. And they wouldn't fall off, so I decided not to.

I left my room to brush my teeth a second time since I fell asleep earlier.

When I finished, I went to my room and spritzed myself in cologne. Then double checked my fit. I still approved so I left and started heading downstairs.

A door opened and I looked.

Adaeze came out in a tight long black dress and sandals. Her hair was out in this huge Afro and she had on her glasses.

She looked up from her phone while she shut her door and saw me.

"Oh, you think you're fine, abi?" she asked and approached me. I watched her look down my body.
"Huh?" I questioned.
She giggled. "Nothing. You look very good." She stopped in front of me with a hand on my side. "And you smell good too."

I realized I was just staring at her while she touched and looked at me.
This feels like a competition that I'm losing. Except I'm losing and she doesn't even know it's a competition while she's winning.
I gotta get my shit together.

"You look good too." I stated.
She looked up at me. "Really?"
"Yea, I like this dress on you." I looked down her.
She giggled. "Stop it. You'll make me nervous."
I chuckled.
"We're matching. You must be meant to be for me." she said then continued down the stairs.

Wha-...
I just stood there for a minute.

Oh I'm not gonna win this shit. I was never gonna win this shit.

I followed behind her down the stairs.

I took my keys off of the hook by the door and opened it for her. She grabbed a bottle of water from the fridge then walked out of the door. "Thank you." she stated.
"You're welcome."
I shut it and locked it behind us.

~

We made it to the building of our class and walked inside.

"Will you pay attention today?" she asked as we entered the lecture room.
"Depends on if he says something interesting."
She snickered. "Nooo..."
"Yeeesss..."

"Koda!" someone called.

I sighed and rolled my eyes. Then looked over there.

Her friends waved at me. She stood next to them obviously.
I just gave them a head nod then kept walking up the stairs with Daisy.

We sat down in the same spot we sat in before. I slouched and manspread in my seat while she got all of her stuff out. My back leaned against my chair while I stared forward.

"Daisy." I called.
"Hm?"
"Would you go on a date with me?" I asked while I watched those assholes talking in their row.

I looked at Adaeze.
She was already looking at me and smiling. "A date?"
"Yea." I nodded.
"Yea." she nodded too. "When?"
"Friday?"
"Okay."
I nodded at her agreement then faced forward again.

The professor entered.

I don't even know what his name is.

He told everybody good morning and started going through the attendance.

I heard Adaeze begin to type on her laptop to get her notes ready.

He's obviously one of those assholes that grades attendance. Which is crazy since we have 50 people in this class. Who cares? You're just wasting time. Get on with the lesson.

"He said that today we'd need note taking materials..." Daisy whispered.
I looked at her. "Will you be upset with me if I don't take notes?"
"I want us to be able to study together." she stated.
"Alright."
I went into my bag and grabbed my laptop.
Now I had to actually pay attention.

Pretty women and their ability to get men to do whatever they want is dangerous. Usually I'd be asleep right now. While in this class.

"A-...Adays? A...day...zee?" the professor stuttered.
Adaeze raised her hand. "Here."
"Did I pronounce that right?" he asked.
"Adaeze."
"Adaeze." he nodded and she gave him a nod and smile.

I turned my laptop on and started getting situated to take notes.

"Koda Shaw?" the professor called.
I looked up and raised my hand a bit. "Here."

He nodded.
I saw that Reagan had turned around and looked at me.

She waved.
I looked back down at my laptop.