5

I got out of bed to go take a leak but I figured while I was there I might as well take a shower since I was about to go to bed.

I grabbed my stuff then left my room to go to the bathroom.

All of the doors were shut and I heard the shower running.
I sighed and walked back into my room and shut the door.

Forgot this was around the time Tatum got in there.

I sat on my bed and grabbed my controller.

~~~

Thirty minutes had gone by and I really had to piss so I got my stuff and walked out to see if the bathroom was open again.

The door was still shut.

I went up to it and could still hear the shower was running. He always takes too fucking long. "BRO, HURRY UP! I GOTTA TAKE A LEAK!" I shouted and banged on the door.

I heard him turn the shower off. Finally.

I stood there waiting.

A door opened and I looked.

Tatum came out of his room with a yawn.
I looked back at the door while he walked past me.
"Don't take forever, I wanna shower next." he stated and headed downstairs.

The bathroom door opened.
Adaeze stood there in a tank top and small shorts and this really big and pink silk hat on her head. She's makeupless. Still really pretty. Really really pretty.
"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to take so long..." she stated.
I felt like an asshole while I stared at her. "No, I'm sorry! I thought you were my brother. I wouldn't have rushed you if I knew it was you."
"It's okay." She walked past me.
I tossed my head back and sighed.

I'd hit me if I was her.

I walked into the bathroom and was slapped in the face by the best scent I've ever smelled in my life. It was like a garden exploded in here.

I looked out towards her room and saw her door was shut again.

It's like...heaven? It's a sweet smell but also flowery?

Is it creepy if I keep sniffing? What soap is that???

I shut the door to use the bathroom.

~

"Dude hows it going?" Dylan texted.
"Hows what going?" I responded while I brushed my teeth.
"The girl. Like what's she like?"
"She's cool. Nice."
"That's it? Give me something interesting"
"What do you mean?"
"Like the cute stuff"
"Her accent is cute"
"Yea but what else?" he asked.
"I don't know what you want from me. Her laugh and smile are cute too"
"You're giving me nothing"
"WHAT ARE YOU ASKING FROM ME?!" I replied.
"I don't know"
I hate this asshole.

"You gonna be home all day?" he asked.
"No"
"Where are you goin?"

I stared at the message then spit out my toothpaste.

If I told him I had to take Adaeze to the school, he'd ask to come too and probably make her uncomfortable the whole time. Or make me uncomfortable the whole time.

"I'm visiting my grandma." I responded and put my phone down.

I saw someone in the corner of my eye and looked.

Adaeze stood there with her toothbrush and paste and a few other things in hand.
"Can I brush my teeth?" she asked.
I nodded and the counter had two sinks so I moved to the other one.
She came in and stood next to me. I looked at her through the mirror.

My eyes looked down and saw her chest and I immediately averted my eyes and stared at the portrait my mom had hanging on the bathroom wall.
She sleeps without a bra on...

She started brushing and stared in the mirror.

She hums when she brushes her teeth. That's cute.

I removed my toothbrush and spit into the sink.
Then grabbed my mouthwash to rinse.
I should ask her what time she wants to leave to head to the school.

I looked at her.
She's still brushing her teeth.
I tossed back the capful of mouthwash and swished.

I wonder if we have milk left.

My mom makes dinner and sometimes lunch but if you want breakfast you gotta fend for yourself. She's not a morning person and if dad makes it, somebody's going to the hospital.

She spit into the sink.
I gargled then did the same. I took a towel and washed my face.

"Do you wanna head to the school after we eat?" I asked.
"Yes," she answered. She uncapped some kind of cream after washing her face then started rubbing it on her face.
Women are really into that skincare stuff. My ex had like twenty steps and would have a breakdown if she found one zit on her face.
My face isn't gross, I don't even have acne, but I'm not doing a twenty three step routine to make sure I don't. Sounds like a waste of money.

"How long is this gonna take you?" I asked her.
She was putting lotion on now. "My arms and then I'm done." she stated after finishing her legs. She got more and rubbed it on her arms.
"Really?" I questioned.
"Yea." She grabbed her things.
"Oh, you can leave that in here. We're not gonna touch it."
"I didn't want to take up too much of your space."
"No, you're good. Leave it here so you don't have to keep bringing it back and forth each time."
She put it back down.

"Come on." I stated.
She followed behind me and we headed downstairs.

"Good morning, you two. Tatum must still be asleep." my mom said.
"Probably." I replied and opened the pantry.
"I was going to go grocery shopping soon, Adaeze is there anything you need or any dish you'd like made?"
"Is there a market?" she asked. "With your fruit and vegetables and rice?"
"Like a grocery store?" my mom asked.
"No, I can go to that later. A market outside with natural ingredients."
She was smart to ask that. 99% of grocery stores are just processed foods nowadays.
"Um...I'm sure we can find one somewhere. Dave is there a farmer's market near here?" my mom asked.
"Uhhh..." my dad thought about it.
"I can take her to find one after I show her around the school." I offered while I fixed my bowl of cereal.
"Really? Thank you, sweetie. I'm sure she'd appreciate that."
I nodded.

I saw Adaeze reading the cereal box.

"Do you have this at home?" I asked.
"We have cereal. But not this kind."
"Do you wanna try it?"
"Sure."
I went into the cabinet and grabbed a bowl for her.

I thought it would take more getting used to having a fifth person in the house but this has been going a lot smoother than I expected. Maybe it's because she isn't rowdy and most of the time just stays in her room or answers their questions but this is tame. It's fine.