Connecticut Part 3

I wake up to the sun shining in my face the next morning. I looked around a little confused of where I was for a minute to find myself once again situated in John's bedroom on his old bed with a black comforter and ironically spiderman sheets.

I snuggle back into John's embrace before letting my gaze travel around the room. As they travel, I notice the dart board on the back of his door, a bookshelf filled with books and CDs, an electric piano in the corner, and a few guitars attached to the walls. I look at the other side of the room and see photos hanging on the walls of his favorite artists as a child. And notes tacked to the wall. I also see old music scores spread around and taped at different places.

I smile at his childhood room and how it can tell me so much about him. I continue to explore with my eyes to find ice skates in the corner on a shelf next to a picture of him on a Hockey team.

I didn't know he was on a hockey team, much less that he could even skate.

I turn around and bury my face in his chest for a few minutes before actually getting up and ready for the day ahead.

To be honest I don't know what we are going to do. I mean are we leaving? Are we staying?

Once I am up and out of bed I instantly feel the nausea hit and make my way to the bathroom. Once inside, I close the door and sit beside the toilet, but the vomiting never comes. I mean I feel sick but never vomit. After a little while I get up and take the medication with some water before hopping in the shower.

When I get completely clean and out of the shower. I am ready to go on about the day. I walk back out of the bathroom to see John still asleep on the bed hugging a pillow in my stead.

I silently exit the room making sure not to wake him before heading downstairs to the kitchen to make us all breakfast. However, when I reach the kitchen his mom is sitting at the bar having a cup of coffee.

When she hears me she turns and smiles, "Good morning Taylor."

"Good morning," I reply, putting a smile on my face.

"How did you sleep?"

I walk past her to the fridge and get myself a cup of milk. "I slept well, Thank you for asking."

She smiles, "That's good, John used to always kick anyone that was in the bed with him. He also used to toss and turn a lot in his sleep."

I chuckle, "No he doesn't really do that. He mostly stays still or moves to cuddle me in his sleep. I feel bad when I leave him because he starts tossing around until he finds something to hold."

"That is great. So what are y'alls plans for today?" She asked.

I shrug, "I honestly have no clue I am waiting on John to get up."

His mom chuckles, "Well, if possible I would like to take Emmy out shopping with Richard. We both wanted to get her some things and get her input."

I nod my head, "Yeah that is fine. Just be careful and remind her that she has to stay close."

"I can do that." She replies after a minute.

I drink my glass before quickly retreating back up the stairs to John's room with 2 packs of strawberry poptarts in my hand.

Once back inside the room, I look at the bed to still see John snoozing away and laugh at how he looks, grasping the pillow I was sleeping on and holding it as if I was there. I quickly took a picture of him before sending it in my friend group chat with Selena, Abbi, and Emma.

Look at him!

E - Awwwwwwww so cute!

S - I wish I was held like that!