Gravity Part 2

Johns POV

After a 10 minute drive that turned into 30 because I needed to cool off. Steve pulls up to the ER in New York. I quickly get out of the car walking into the ER. Once inside I wait for Steve to come do the paperwork because now my wrists are so swollen that I can't move them. Once the paperwork is done Steve and I sit down waiting for them to call me back.

"Steve, are you planning to go back with me?" I ask confused.

"Yeah, I need them to document this correctly because we are going to sue for this. It is ridiculous. He should have removed the cuffs, you were not resisting or causing any problems." Steve states ticked off.

"Oh, he also had a camera in his vest that recorded everything." I state.

"Good, I'll get that as well." Steve states pulling his computer out to document and make notes.

Soon enough, I get called back. Once back there I sit down and see the doctor.

"What are you in for today?" He asks, looking at the chart.

"I believe my wrists are sprained," I state.

The doctor looks up and sets the papers down. He washes his hands and scoots on the stool closer to me. "Do you mind if I look?" He asks.

"No, go ahead," I state.

He gently picked one up causing me to wince. He inspects it moving it in different directions causing me to wince more. After a minute he sits them down.

"How did this happen?" He asks.

"I got arrested for something I did not do and an officer placed cuffs on me way too tight. I was in the cuffs for about 5 hours before someone removed them. However, during this time I was also jostled around the station and in the police car."

The doctor examines it. "That makes sense to me. I believe that it is a sprain but I do want to take an x-ray to ensure that it is not worse."

I nod my head and soon enough the X-rays have been completed and the doctor comes back in. He pops the x-rays up on the screen.

"I do not see anything on the x-rays, so nothing is broken, but you are swollen a lot. I recommend that we go ahead and wrap your wrist to reduce swelling and after a few days you can remove it. You might have problems for a few months till the muscles fully recover as such you should get some wrist guards to wear. I have written all of this down on the form; I have also written a medical report for you to use in court if you chose so. Lastly I am writing you a prescription for some medication to help reduce the swelling," The doctor says getting up.

"Thank you," I responded.

He nods his head and walks out a few minutes later a younger lady walks in and wraps both my wrist in bandages.

"I would normally provide you with a sling for your arm but since you have both that won't work."

"That's fine, Thank you though." I respond smiling. Soon enough the doctor came back in with some medication and my prescription.

"This will get you by till the morning, but then go get your medication. For the wrist guards there are some at Walmart that will work or you could get them custom made by a company."

I nod my head and we head to check out. I provide my card and we leave. Once we get to the apartment complex it is 9:00 and the medicine I took starts to kick in. When we pull up Scott is down in the basement getting something out of my car.

I get out and ignore him walking to the elevator. However, he stops me.

"John?" He asks, looking me over. "What happened?"