Connecticut Part 1

Taylor's POV

Three hours later we land in Connecticut. I go to grab the bags but John grabs them sending me a smile.

"Will you help Emmy down?" He asks grabbing Emmy's bag from the back and helping her put on her bookbag.

I chuckle to myself at his antics and agree by taking Emmy's hand and leading her down the stairs to the car. Once there I pick her up and buckle her into her car seat before moving forward and into the car myself. After a minute John climbs in up front and turns around.

"You're not going to sit up here with me?" He says with a smile.

I smile and move up to the front seat.

"I honestly forgot, I am so used to being chauffeured that I got in the back on instinct." I say rubbing my head.

John smiles and places a kiss on my cheek.

"I could understand that."

I nod my head and he reaches into his pocket. "Tree said to give you this wrist band." He says handing over the bracelet I have been wearing off stage to help with the nausea.

I quickly take it and put it on. He notices my actions and asks, "What does that do?"

I smile, "It is mostly used on boats for sea sickness, but it helps lower the nausea."

He nods his head and tells Tree and Steve bye before driving off of the tarmac. As we drive away, I lean back into the seat and John plugs in his phone handing it to Emmy so she can pick the songs.

I smile and watch as Emmy and John interact and argue over song choices before. I start hearing a melody in my head for one of my songs. After a minute, I pull my phone out and, humm the melody into my phone. After I'm done John chuckles.

"You know, if you would tell me I could turn the music off?" He jokes.

I shake my head, "It's okay, besides you and Emmy are having so much fun."

He turns down the main road in Connecticut and I look out the window at the city.

After another 20 minutes, John pulls up in a driveway of a smaller house on the outskirts of town.

Once he puts the car in park he turns and places a kiss on my cheek.

"I love you Tator."

I smile back and place a kiss on his lip before letting him get out and grab the bags. I quickly get out and help Emmy unbuckle before heading to the door with her in tow.

When I reach the door it opens to reveal John's mother with a huge smile.

"Welcome." She greets helping us in. I smile and quietly walk in as she engulfs Emmy in a hug before letting her head into the other room to find her Papa.

I turn to look for John who is heading up the driveway with the bags. Before long he enters and his mom helps him take them down the hall to his old bedroom.

After a few minutes he returns with a grin on his face and leads me into the living room to sit on the couch.

I smile and place a kiss on his cheek, as he places a hand on my thigh and squeezes before moving it behind my head on the back of the couch.

"So, how was your tour?" His mom asks, looking at me.

"It is going great. The first leg was great. John was there to help with a few errors that arose. The second leg was a little hectic with our crazy schedules but it was worth it all to perform." I reminisce on the past couple months.

She smiles, "I bet John would call me everyday and tell me about his day and how he missed you. Not to mention how much he gloats about your talent." She starts chuckling. "It's kinda like he is your own little groupie." She finishes chuckling and I follow in suit as John blushes next to me.

"Mommmm" He complains.

His mom just laughs, "What? It was cute."

He sighs and looks at me. "This better not be in a song, Taylor." He says, looking at me.

I laugh, "I don't know, I love the fact that you missed me, and it is nice to have my own personal 'groupie'." I say with a grin across my face.

He groans in annoyance, "Thanks, mom."

"Hey don't be mad at me, it was your own mouth. Besides, she can use it however she wants. I mean she does make more than you might as well let her use you." His mother says shrugging causing me to chuckle and John to hide his head in my neck.

After a minute he comes back out. "Why is it every time I step in this house you have to torment me?" He asks.

An older version of John walks in a second later with a grin across his face. "Maybe that's because you never come to see them. Or maybe because you withheld the fact that you had a child for so long." He says with a smile.

John turns to his left to see the new person before smiling and getting up for a hug. "Hey Carl. How has it been?"

The older version of John with a few more wrinkles and a small beer belly smiles. "It has been great, I finally got a girlfriend and told mom. She was happy for about 30 seconds before breaking the news to everyone that you had a kid." He says laughing.

John chuckles and rubs the back of his head, "Yeah, sorry about that."

Carl shakes his head, "Nah it's okay. Mom finally got off our cases about wanting grandkids."

I smile at the interaction and Emmy comes over sitting on my lap looking at John interact with his brother.

"Momma, who that?" She whispers pointing at Carl.

I smile, "That is daddy's big brother, Carl. He is kinda like Uncle Austin but older huh?" I ask and she nods before getting of my lap and walking between them and tugging on Carl's pants.

He looks down and smiles bending to her height.

"Hi little one." He greets her.

Emmy huffs, "I not little, you just big."

Carl smiles, "I'm sorry."

Emmy immediately smiles and grins a toothy grin. "I is Emmy, nice to meet you." She says.

Carl's smiles, "Hi Emmy, It is nice to meet you as well. I can see your momma raised you very well."

Emmy nods her head and walks back to her coloring page as John gives his brother a look like 'really?'.

I laugh, "Not all of that is me. John did influence her as well. Not to mention we have a lot of help while on tour from our managers."

John sits back down beside me and kisses my head. "Ehh.. I would say you trained me as well. I feel more like a trained house dog who does as he is told." John replies with a grin.

I shake my head and grin payfully, "If that was the case I would not have to go around and pick up your underwear and socks or yell at you to put down the toilet seat."

John smiles and places a kiss on my cheek, "Okay, maybe I am not fully house trained yet."

I chuckle and lean into his side as I start to feel a little queasy.

John continues to talk to his family and I watch Emmy until I excuse myself to his room where my medication is.

Whe I walk in there, there is another lady in there going through my bag.

"JOHN!" I yell out.