Heartaches Part 1

As the movie comes to a close, Emmy is asleep laying her head down on John's lap and her body across mine. Even though she had the whole couch she wanted to sit with her momma and daddy. As the credits roll onto the screen, John's runs his hands through Emmy's hair and smiles. After a minute watching her sleep he notices me watching him and looks at me blushing.

"Sorry, she's just so cute." He says looking down at our child in our laps.

"I know she is." I respond, going silent afterwards.

After another minute he looks back over to me. "Tay? Is there any way that we could go out and talk? It doesn't have to be right now. I just want to go out, or at least not have little ears around." He asks, looking at me.

I nod my head, "My parents should be home soon. Once one gets here, let me ask and we could probably go."

To this he nods his head in agreement. A few minutes later, my mom gets home. She walks in saying, "Taylor who is in the car out front?"

After finishing her statement she rounds the corner and sees John sitting with me on the couch and starts yelling. "Get the h*ll out of my house! You are not welcome here!"

John sighs and shifts Emmy to the couch. He gets up and goes to place a kiss on my cheek but gets screamed at again before he does.

"Do not put your nasty lips, that have been who knows where, on my daughter and do not touch my granddaughter again!"

He simply backs away and smiles. "See you." He then looks at my mom and loses his smile. "Nice to see you, Andrea. I'll be going now." After finishing his comment he walks to the door and leaves. A few moments later, I hear a car start up and drive off.

Once he is gone my mom comes over to me as red as a hornet. "How dare you let him into my house after all that he has done!"

I sigh and leave the room taking Emmy to the bed. After she is settled, I go back down to talk to my mother.

"Mom, you can not keep treating him like that." I say sitting down on the barstool.

"Pardon me, I am just looking out for my little girl." She responded sarcastically.

"I do not need you to look out for me. I need you to be a mom who supports my decisions. No matter what you do, nothing will change the fact that John is Emmy's father and he wants to be a part of her life."

"That doesn't mean he can be so handsy with you. He is all over you all the time. Don't you see this?!"

I sigh, " He is not. It was just a kiss. He wanted to say goodbye in the way that he feels is right. Honestly, mom, how he treats me is up for me to decide. If I want to receive his affections I will; if not, I will turn it away. This is my decision and nothing you say or do will change it."

My mom huffs and starts pacing around the kitchen. After a minute she stops, "Fine if you don't want to listen to me you don't have to be in my house. Get out!"

"You don't mean–" I start.

She finishes by screaming, "Get out of my house!"

I sigh and go grab Emmy from up stairs and my diary from the piano. After looking at my mom who is death glaring at me I head out the door to the front porch. She then slams the door shut behind me causing Emmy to wake up.

She looks around confused, "where daddy go?"

I smile and look at her, "He went to check on something for mommy, he'll be back in a few minutes. Why do you go play?" Once she hears that she bolts. Once she is gone I call John who immediately picks up.