Parents

-John's POV-

Soon enough we arrive at the airport and I walk in to where their baggage will come and grab the bags as I see them. I wait and see the round the corner and go and hug them.

"Hey mom," I hugged her. "Hey dad," I say as I hug him. "I got both of your bags, are we ready?"

They both smile and nod as we head out to the van with Steve. I place their bags in the back and hop in the back seat to sit with them as Steve pulls off to a side parking lot. Once parked he looks at me through the mirror and steps out of the car.

"Where is he going?" My mom asks.

"Well he is giving us some privacy because I have some stuff to tell you about. Since we spoke after rehab..."

Both of my parents nod their head and look at me. I release a deep breath and start talking. "About 3 weeks after rehab I was able to contact that girl again. That girl is named Taylor. A few months went by and we started to date.-" My parents interrupted me by patting my back.

"That's not so bad, good for you! When can we meet her?"

I smile,"You can actually meet her today, but that's not what you are going to be mad about. The truth is last year I found out I have a daughter..." I pause taking in their expressions of shock and disbelief. "Since then I have been busy with her, Taylor and work that I honestly haven't-" I get interrupted by a slap across the face.

"HOW DARE YOU!" My mom screams, "I HAD A GRANDBABY FOR WHOLE YEAR AND YOU DIDN'T TELL ME!"

I look at her eyes and nod my head, "Yes." This in turn gets me another slap however this time from my father.

"What the crap John?! You know this is something important why didn't you tell us?!" He half asks half screams.

"I honestly didn't think about it." I respond with my head down causing my mother to cry.

"I am sorry..." I start to apologize and pause to think of the next words. "I know that I can not make it up to you, but we can go see both Emmy and Taylor now." I finish to which they nod their heads yes.

I smile. "Ok, but there is one last thing. Emmy was injured in a freak accident and is in the hospital."

Both of my parents gasp and my mom slaps me again.

"You should have started with that!" my mom screams.

I rub my cheek, "If you would have let me finish, I would have told you that she is okay and recovering."

They both nod their heads and smile.

I sigh and open the door for Steve.

"Come on, I got to go get food for dinner..." I pause looking down at the time and for a message from Taylor. "Well she hasn't sent the order yet. So how about we head to Walmart, I need to see about getting some more of that invisible paint stuff for Emmy. She has already done them all." Scott agrees and drives off to walmart.

Once there I get out of the car, and wait for my parents to get out. Then we all head inside. I go back to the arts section to find the invisible paint pages, but end up having to call Taylor.

She quickly picks up, "Hello?"

"Hey Tay," I respond.

"It's nice to know that you are not dead. I am waiting for this lady to get done with Emmy, but my parents have already left." She replies.

"Okay that's fine, I was calling to see what those coloring pages are that your mom got Emmy. I was going to pick up some more since she colored them all"