December 26th

I wake up the next morning and roll over to see John still snoozing with one of his arms draped across his eyes and the other lying on his stomach. I smile and place a kiss on his cheek before getting out of bed and heading downstairs to cook breakfast.

After laboring over the stove for about thirty minutes I hear footsteps coming down the stairs. I look over my shoulder to see John walking into the kitchen in his loose pajama bottoms. He sees me and makes his way towards the kitchen, stopping behind me. Then, gently places a kiss on my head and wraps his arm around me.

"Hey, how are you feeling?" he asks, placing a kiss on the bend of my neck.

I sigh and lean back into him placing the spatula down, "I'm okay. I took some ibuprofen. It should kick in, in a few minutes."

"I'm sorry... It should have hit me. I feel so bad." He says placing a kiss on the back of my head, causing me to spin around.

"No! It should not have been you. It should have been neither, but at least it was me. I mean it is my mother and she needed a wake up call. It's not okay for her to try and hurt my family." I yell back making him look up and into my eyes.

He lowers his forehead to mine and releases a sigh, "I don't want to destroy you and your mothers relationship."

I place a kiss on the top of his head and spin in his arms back to the cooking food. "You will not destroy my relationship. That is not something that you can do. She does that herself-" I try to explain but he interrupts.

"I don't want to be the reason that you do not want her around you. We can figure something out, but I will not be the reason that you do not have your mom on tour or around." He says leaving his head in the crook of my neck.

I sigh and lean back into his chest as I continue cooking in silence.

After a few minutes, I finish cooking breakfast and make the plates. I nudge John up and motions to the table. He grabs the plates and takes them over as I grab two waters. He sits and waits for me to come and sit before we start eating.

A few minutes pass before I say anything, "John, we have to figure something out. We can not keep beating a dead horse. My mom is not changing her mind about you. What do we need to do?" I question looking into his eyes.

He leans back in his chair, and releases one of his own. "Honestly..." He pauses looking over at me. "I have no freaking clue."

I sigh, "Maybe, we'll go without her. She might figure out that I don't need her-" I start but stop seeing John's face. "What?"

He shakes his head, "No, that's not going to work, let's talk to Tree and Steve, maybe they will have an idea."

I nod my head and walk to put up the plates when the doorbell rings.

"I got it, it is probably Tree and Steve they said they were coming after running by the studio." John says, walking towards the door.

A few minutes later, in walks Tree who immediately turns my face and looks at my eye. "You are so damn lucky! If that was an inch higher you would have been seriously injured!"

I release a breath and look around for Steve and John. "Where did they go?"

Tree places a grin on her face, before chuckling. "You really do love him don't you?"

I raise my eyebrows in question, "What do you mean?"

"I mean neither of you can stop thinking about the other. If you don't see them for like 5 minutes you are asking: 'Where are they at?', 'What are they doing?'. It's honestly funny."