Plane Rides

(Edited)

Taylor POV

It has been 2 weeks and 5 days since I left John after that mess that Scott did. Needless to say I miss him, mom still hates his guts, and Scott doesn't know that we know what he did. I just want to go back to my New York apartment and see him and I know that Emmy does too because she is always asking for 'Dada' and motioning to my phone.

"Taylor time to get up, you have laundry to do!" My mom yells from the living room of her house.

"I'm coming!" I yell back grabbing the last of mine and Emmy's dirty clothes and walking to the kitchen. As soon as I cross the threshold of the living room where Emmy sees me, she starts screaming, "Mama!", beckoning me over to pick her up. I drop my clothes off in the laundry room and start the next load going over to Emmy.

"Hey, baby girl." I say picking her up. She immediately hugs my neck and cuddles into me.

After a few minutes of cuddling with her my phone rings and Emmy starts bouncing up and down, "Dada, Dada, Dada!" She starts screaming in my ear excitedly, but it wasn't John.

"Sorry baby, it's not Dada." I respond, pecking her head. This did not go over too well with the toddler as now she starts crying. I start to pat her butt trying to calm her down as I pick up the phone, not looking at the number. "Hello?" I ask.

"Hey Taylor," Scott begins and I roll my eyes, "I was wondering when you're going to finish your album cause we need to release.

"I have one more song to record then I'll be done, and I'm waiting on Tree to get back from her vacation to do the photos." I respond by moving Emmy's position.

"Well can that be within the next week or so, I really want you to release October for a tour to start in February."

"Umm... I'm kinda busy." I respond while picking at my nails.

"Taylor, please, after all that I did for you." He states making me want to throw something.

"I can do it within a month but not a week. I have a baby and no babysitter, and Tree is still out so no."

"That's great. Thank you Taylor" He finishes hanging up. I simply sigh and head back to my room ready to call John.

Once I'm in my room with Emmy I facetime John. He picks up the phone, rubbing his eyes and yawning. "Did I call at a bad time?" I ask.

He sits up and yawns again. "No, I need to be getting up. We had a few drinks last night and were out too late." He pauses, rubbing his eyes again. "How are my girls doing?" He asks, smiling.

"We are fine Emmy has been wanting to call you all morning." I say.

"Oh really?" He asked surprised, "Then where is my little one?"

"One second, you are going to have to see this" I say, holding up a finger to John. "Emmy, come here baby. Do you wanna talk to Dada?" I ask Emmy who is playing on the floor.

When she hears 'Dada' she starts bouncing up and down and reaching for the phone. John smiles and laughs on the other end. "Hey baby girl! How are you doing?" He starts talking to Emmy. to which she babbles back. After a few minutes I hear John say, "Tay?"

I picked up the phone from Emmy. "Yeah?" I ask, looking at the phone.

"I have to go babe. They are calling for me." He says looking away from the phone and towards the bus door. "I'm sorry."

"It's okay. Talk later?" I ask.

He sighs looking down, "I can't tonight we are having some sort of reception before and after I have a flight. However, I'll see you tomorrow. Do you need anything? " He asks, causing me to smile.