Speak Now Release Part 1

Taylor POV

I smile and look him in the eye, "I need a fake boyfriend."

He blinks a few times and leans back on the couch. He appears to be thinking for a few minutes before he looks back at me and asks, "Why?"

I take a deep breath before opening my eyes and looking at him. "I am in a relationship that I do not want people to know about. He is older than me, and everyone already hates him." I pause hoping that is enough.

"So let me get this straight. You want a fake boyfriend because your guy is too scared to be seen with you in public? That's some boyfriend you got there Taylor." He says rising out of his seat to leave.

"He is the father of my child." I spit out causing him to sit back down and look at me. He remains silent so I continue. "We met, I got pregnant and had a child. A little girl named Emery Hope Mayer." I finish looking up.

He freezes and looks at Tree as if asking if that is the truth to which she nods. "So, let me get this straight. You had a child and are currently dating the father?" He asks.

"Yes," I reply.

"But why do you need the fake boyfriend, you should be fine with someone else. I mean all that you need is to keep them out of the public's eye." Jake asks.

I sigh, "I am with John Mayer. It is kinda hard to stay out of the public eye if the public has a grudge against you for hurting 'America's Sweetheart' as Scott calls me."

"Wait your with John Mayer. I thought that he was in rehab and hurt you or something like that." He replies really confused.

"You are correct he was and did, but that is in the past. He has since changed and is with me taking care of our daughter who is now two." I responded.

Jake shakes his head, "I still don't understand the purpose of having the fake boyfriend."

"I want to keep them off the trail of John and keep Emmy away from the public by giving them a distraction. As such, I need someone to work with me and fake a relationship." I responded.

He looks down, thinks, then looks back up. "Deal, but I can only do that till the middle of January. After that I can't because I will have to focus on finishing a film."

I smile, "Thank you so much!"

"No problem, now do I get to meet these two people?" He asks.

"I would say yes but they are not here; we had an accident a few days ago and John has been in the hospital. However, John should be here as soon as he was discharged an hour ago." As I finish my sentence the door starts to turn and quickly unlocks itself.

Once it is open, Emmy runs in the door and starts to go to the fridge to hang up a picture. John walks in with his left arm that is broken in a sling and his right with a brace. When he sees me he lets out a breath and sighs. Steve quickly walks in behind with his bag from the hospital. After walking over to me he finally acknowledges the other person in the room.

"Oh, hey. I'm John. I would shake your hand but... umm... yeah..." John pauses.

Luckily, Emmy saves the day by running back over, "Dada ook" she says holding up another picture that she drew me while at the hospital.

John smiles, and pats his lap. She tries to climb up and asks for help, so I lean over and set her down on his lap. He gently takes the photo from Emmy and looks at it. "Beautiful baby," He says, kissing her cheeks causing her to giggle. "Why don't you say hi to momma's friend?" He asks Emmy motioning to Jake.

Emmy finally looks over and notices him and decides to turn around and hide her face in John's chest. John pecks her head and leaves her be.

"She is usually very social, but she's a little clingy right now." John says, rubbing Emmy's back. He then looks down, "Emmy baby, please say high to mama's friend. He is very nice and really wants to meet you." He says trying to coax her out to which she shakes her head no and grips onto him like a koala.