Second Chances

Taylor POV

John soon let after we had our date and he sent a little time bonding Emmy. Needless to say, today was a good day. It could have gone a lot worse then how it did.  I am officially not really woried about John coming after me for custody, but I am also happy that Emmy will have a father figure in her life to depend upon. However, I do not plan on letting my guard up for awhile because I can not be hurt again twice by him. 

After he left I put Emmy in her onesie and into bed. She is getting too big, too quickly. It is honestly a shame that she is growing up this quickly. I want her to stay my little girl forever. Alas, this is not possible. She will continue to grow. 

After putting her to bed, I head back downstairs and begin cleaning up from the days events and doing the dishes that had been left from the day before.  I also call Tree and inform her on how John and I are getting along. After talking to Tree for a good, thirty minutes I went up to my room, showered, and went to sleep because tomorrow is going to be a long day. 

--------

The next morning I awake to Emmy crying in her crib grabbing on to the bars wanting out. I quickly get out of bed and let her out of the crib setting her down on the ground for the time being. After setting her down I head to her closet to get her a change of clothing and change her. 

Soon enough Emmy is dressed and changed ready for a day adventure and I still look like a hot mess. When I get down stairs to make breakfast I realize that my mom is packing up her stuff about to leave.

"Where are you going?" I ask my mom walking over to her. 

"I am going back to Nashville, as you will not listen to any common sense." She replies huffing. 

"What are you talking about?" I ask confused and trying to wake up all the way. 

"Taylor, he is not good for you or Emmy. I understand letting him back into her life because he is her father but not yours. I can not control you, but I will not watch you tear your life apart for him again." She says this and grab her bags walking out the door. 

I remain frozen in my spot confused on what just happened. However, this does not happen for long as Emmy starts to cry wanting food. I quickly shake my head and go grab Emmy and feed her some cheerios as they are her favorite.  While she is eating I clean up the kitchen and eat my own breakfast. Soon after, Emmy finishes and I set her down on the floor in her play pen and let her play in there while watching Disney Junior. While she is occupied I quickly run upstairs and take a quick shower. When I come back down Tree is standing in my living room holding Emmy.

"Oh, hey Tree. What are you doing here?" I quickly ask. 

"Scott called, and you might want to sit down." Tree says placing Emmy back in her playpen. 

I sigh and sit down, but as I sit down my phone rings and it is John.

"One second Tree, it's John." She simply nods her head and leans back. 

"Hey John," I answer the phone, "What's up?"

"Nothing much, I was wondering if I could come over to see Emmy? I mean I don't have too..." 

He continues, but I interrupt, "Yeah come on over. See you in a few." 

"Okay see you." He quickly hangs up.

"Sorry Tree, what did Scott do now?"

She sighs, "He just changed your tour dates. He went in and added tour dates starting up again next week and he asked me how you next album is coming along." 

"He did what?" I yell standing up. 

"Look, I understand this sucks but before he told me he had already sold the tickets." Tree says looking down. "I wish I could cancel them, but at this point Taylor it is to late. I am sorry I failed at my job."