Christmas Day Part 2

When we finally get out of the shower, the doorbell is ringing. John quickly throws on his clothes and runs his hands through his hair before heading downstairs to grab the door.

While he does that I quickly dry my hair and put my clothes back on grabbing Emmy on the way down. As I arrive in the kitchen I hear John talking, "She'll be down in a minute she is getting Emmy up."

I grin and come around the corner with Emmy who is rubbing her tired eyes. "What about me?" I question once in the room.

John smiles, "Nothing." I take Emmy and place her in John's lap and I prepare her some Chicken Nuggets. John takes her and holds her to his chest where she is still trying to wake up.

"She is so stinking cute." Austin says, looking at Emmy who is still clinging to her daddy.

"Yeah, she is adorable, just like her momma." John replies.

"And you ruined it." Austin says getting up and walking away causing everyone else to laugh.

After a couple minutes and chicken nuggets Emmy is wide awake and ready to play. So John places her down and she runs off in the direction that Austion went a moment ago.

I chuckle, "Why don't we all head to the living room?"

Mom and dad are the first two to leave and I go up to John before he gets up and I straddle his lap.

He grins, "Hey baby, What's this for?"

I smirk and lean in kissing him for a moment before I get up and high tale my way out of the kitchen into the living room with my family. After a couple minutes John follows and sits down beside me.

I place my hand on his leg and lean into his shoulder as he wraps his arm around my back. He smiles and kisses my head before turning back to watching Emmy play with Austin on the floor.

"How was your morning?" My mom asks, while looking at Emmy which happens to be my luck.

I go a bright shade or red and quickly answer, "It was great."

After a minute my face color dies down and she looks over at me. "That's good. What are y'all gonna do the rest of the day?"

"I thought we would just chill out and let Emmy open her presents. Maybe grill some food for dinner." I respond.

"Well that sounds fun. How are your parents doing, John?" My mom asks, grabbing John's attention.

He looks at her and smiles, "They are doing great. Thank you for asking. How has your Christmas been so far?" He asks.

"It has been different without Taylor this morning, but not bad." She says almost like she is throwing shade at John for being the reason her Christmas is different. However, John ignores it.

"I bet, It must be weird now that she has grown up and moved out." He responds by placing a kiss on my cheek while trying to prove a point that I am an adult.

"It's almost as if she grew up too fast." My mom responds with a fake smile causing the vein in John's neck to start popping as a sign of his frustration.

"Emmy time for presents." I say interrupting their bickering so I don't have another bill.

Emmy smiles and waddles over to my dad and takes the present from him.

"What do you say Emmy?" I prompt.

"Thwank wou."

I smile and squeeze John's leg giving him a look asking if he is okay to which he nods.

I sigh and lean back as my mom begins interacting with Emmy. While she is interacting with Emmy my dad and John are talking about my dad's truck that is having trouble starting up. I get up and move allowing John to move closer to my dad before grabbing some cookies out of the kitchen.