Chapter Forty-Two

"They loved you out there! Did you see their faces?" Luke grinned as soon as he came off stage with Maeve. He picked her up and spun her around, her laughter echoed down the long corridor and caught the attention of the engineers who passed.

"Yes, I did. You all did so amazing." Maeve grabbed his face in her hands and reached up to press her lips against his. "I love you so much Lu."

A month passed and they were back in their home in Los Angeles. Elizabeth was having her usual routine nap of the afternoon. Luke was laid across the couch in their little studio, his lyric book sat on his lap with his knees raised. Maeve was curled up on the other end and humming softly as she petted Petunia.

"I wrote this song while away on tour. I've just finished up on the last few lyrics. Tell me what you think." Luke sat up and went to hand her the book.

Maeve raised her hand and pushed the book back towards him with a small smile on her lips. "Sing it to me. How do you think it would sound? Please?" Maeve asked though her question came out more of a question.

"Maybe a piano that harmonises with my voice. Some light drumming. Bass of course, something that comes as a surprise when you listen closely." Luke smiled up at her and she nodded along, he cleared his throat and stared down at the book.

"Lost in the morning
Tike starts to crawl
Can we share the lonely
If my heart is small?
Your touch is deadly
And I wanna call
Is it better to feel this
Or feel nothing at all?

Honey, I just wanna be yours
Wanna be yours
Inside your dreams tonight
Oh no, oh no
I can't shake this feeling
Boy, I just wanna be yours
Wanna be yours
Inside your dreams tonight
Oh no, oh no
Can't shake this feeling

I feel it coming
My blood is wine
Oh, I can't help but chase you
My Butterfly
I wanna go out in my sleep now
So I don't feel no pain
The city tends to move on
All the same

Honey, I just wanna be yours
Wanna be yours
Inside your dreams tonight
Oh no, oh no
Can't shake this feeling
Boy, I just wanna be yours
Wanna be yours
Inside your dreams tonight
Oh no, oh no
Can't shake this feeling

I just want to be,
I just want to be yours
I just want to be,
I just want to be yours

Honey, I just wanna be yours
Wanna be yours
Inside your dreams tonight
Oh no, oh no
Can't shake this feeling
Boy, I just wanna be yours
Wanna be yours
Inside your dreams tonight
Oh no, oh no
Can't shake this feeling"

His voice was slightly raspy towards the end, Maeve wiped her eyes and lets out a breathy laugh.

"Sad, but beautiful. I love your writing, Luke. I'll forever love your way with words." Maeve leaned across and laid over his body. Her head rested on his chest where his his heart was beating softly through his clothed chest.

"Sexy sad? Or just beautiful sad?" Luke asked with a frown and Maeve perked her head up and giggled.

"What?" She reached up and pushed a few of his curls back, Luke leaned into her touch and placed the lyric book down and moved his hands up to her waist.

"I think Sexy Sad sounds better. Don't you think?" He asked again and Maeve raised a brow up at him.

"I suppose." She laughed and he hummed, his eyes remained in her face and his lips parted. "What? What's wrong?" Maeve asked her body froze as she kept his eyes on her.