Chapter Three

Two weeks later

Maeve was back in her friend's apartment in LA, she watched the neighbours from her window and smiled and took a picture of the young love. As she looked back at the couple her mind went back to Luke, she hadn't heard from him since that day. He's famous, Maeve. She reminded herself and sighed and turned off her camera. She moved back to her bed and uploaded the pictures she took in Las Vegas on her instagram, comments and likes flying through immediately. The comments were always the same for two weeks.

Are you with Luke?

Laeve

Luke Hemmings is mine.

She got bored of them. None of them cared for her work. Aside from Eliza. She came off Instagram and went to her emails, her eyes skimming through the unread ones, the junk ones but one caught her eye.

She clicked on the email and immediately sat up and read through the email with her brows drawn together.

Good Day Ms Linton,

We hope this email finds you well, we just wanted to let you know we saw your extraordinary work and would love to have you as a personal photographer for a year. We read about your profile and your work fits our style and would love to hear from you as soon as possible. Please get in touch on this email. We hope to see you soon.

Lily Antonio

Maeve immediately replied with a wide smile, she hadn't been offered a job in a while and decided to do her own thing while she waited. Shading her work with the world in hopes to get a good job.

Hi Lily,

Thank you for getting in contact and supporting my work. I would love to work alongside you, I would really love to have more details about the job aside from a personal photographer.

Kind Regards,

Maeve Linton

Maeve came out of the app and busied herself while she waited for a reply. Eliza was at work today, so she was alone in the apartment. Maeve walked into the living room and sat down on the sofa and catching up on a good a series that Eliza was not interested in. Eliza found out about Luke and Maeve's marriage, she laughed at first but when she saw the sadness and disappointment on Maeve's face, she zipped her mouth shut.

"My parents will kill me, Eliza. They cannot find out. They'll ask so many questions." Maeve rubbed her temple as she stared at the TV that played Supernatural, though she never paid attention to the Winchester's on her TV and rather the blonde, blue eyed man who wasn't even in her presence.

Maeve decided to do her own research, she googled him and her heart was stuck in her throat. He wasn't a small celebrity, people knew of him and the band. Their music was played worldwide, One Direction knew of them. They opened for One Direction. Seeing it made it all worse, she scrolled down and the lump in her throat grew and her stomach churned. Pictures and tabloids of her and Luke in Vegas. Calling Maeve, The Summer Fling. If she was a fan, she would believe this too.

Maeve grimaced at how she looked at Luke. Like he was the one. More and more images and tabloids appeared for Hemmings, however they were of him with different women. Women who were tall, slim, model like with long legs. Maeve was just a short, kept to herself, wore baggy clothes, and was curvy. Maeve wondered to herself, what made Luke drift towards her that night. Drugs or alcohol. No way was he sober. Noah was hardly ever sober when he was with Maeve, so maybe that was the same.

Noah, annoyingly, was her everything. And her first for everything. First boyfriend, first kiss, first date and so forth. But Luke was her first husband in a span of a couple of hours. However, Luke hadn't broken her heart, yet. Noah had. Her first heartbreak. What she had always feared, happened. He cheated on her with someone like one of Luke's summer flings. Noah saw her insecurity and ripped it up and shoved it in her face. That she wasn't enough for him, what did she do wrong? Was her love not enough? She cooked, cleaned, did everything for him. Let him hang out with his friends to have a few drinks, while she stayed home and secretly met up with Eliza.