Chapter Twenty-Nine

Night Eleven, Düsseldorf
April 18th 2022

Exactly one month. Elizabeth was exactly a month old. She had tiny blonde hairs on her head, they were so white that Luke was slightly jealous. Her eyes were a light blue, freckles were already starting to show on her little cheeks and button nose similar to Maeve. Elizabeth would scrunch her nose, curl her lip as she tried to smile when her father was on the phone. She would constantly try to still the phone off of Maeve each time he appeared on the screen.

"I think Elizabeth misses me more than you do, you know? You don't do any of this." Luke smirked through the phone, Maeve rolled her eyes before taking the phone out of Elizabeth's hands.

"I'll remember to do exactly that the next time you call." Maeve told him with a playful smile, Luke nodded and turned his head to the door where Calum waltzed in.

"How was the flight?" Maeve asked the two and Luke went to open his mouth but Calum had beat him to it.

"Couldn't sleep on that flight. All I heard Luke mumbling in sleep about you." Calum told her with a sly smile. Maeve snickered which caused Luke's cheeks to burn red. "I'm not even joking Mae. He genuinely was." Calum laughed as he leaned over Luke's shoulder. Luke shook his head with his head bowed and Maeve giggled softly.

"Aw you big softie." Maeve smiled, Calum patted Luke's back, the creases on the concern of his eyes became more prominent as he grinned.

"I don't understand why you get so embraced about it man. It's normal, you're in love." Calum sighed, Luke looked to the screen where Maeve was already grinning.

"Well, I've gotta go now. You enjoy the rest of your day boys. I'll talk to you later, Lu." Maeve smiled and blew a kiss to the phone, Calum faked a gag before waving goodbye.

"See you later, Mae. Love you."

"Love you."

***

Los Angeles was for once a sunny day in April. The rain had stopped for a few days now, the spring air was strong but the sun stilled shined. Birds sang softly and soared the blue skies. Liz had suggested on going out to the park, taking Eliza and Crystal with the dogs and having a little picnic.

Maeve changed into a pair of baggy blue denim jeans, a pink top with a cream coloured cardigan for when they would sit in the shade. Eliza turned up outside with Crystal, Southy and Moose already in the boot, Petunia dragged Liz to the car with Maeve behind her laughing loudly.

Maeve opened the back door and placed Elizabeth's car seat in and putting the seatbelt around the car seat. Liz opened the boot to allow Petunia to jump up, Moose and Southy jumped around and barking as they saw Petunia. Petunia jumped up and smothered both Moose and Southy's face with her own.

Liz blew out air as she closed the boot and pushed back her hair. "My goodness. She does not miss a trick does she?" Liz asked, Maeve shook her head with a smile.

"Absolutely not. You should see her when me and Luke have any type of food. But if we have burgers, that's it. We have to get her one or make one for her." Maeve told Liz as they both climbed into the backseats. Liz stared at Maeve once they sat down with her mouth slightly open.

"No." Liz laughed and pulled her seatbelt across.

"Yes. She's our little piggy." Maeve smiled into the rear view mirror before looking to Eliza who was laughing with Crystal at Maeve's story about Petunia.

"Are we ready to go now?" Eliza asked trying to hold back her laugh.

"Yes I think we are." Liz told her, Crystal snickered as she looked back.