Chapter Nineteen

Even in a crowded room,
I'd only look at you.

~22 weeks~

Maeve was sat on one of the old chairs in the new studio of Luke's house her eyes wandering across the walls.

"Don't you think these walls are a little plain?" Maeve asked causing Luke to pull away from the screen of his laptop.

"I guess. But I don't know what to have in here." Luke shrugged and ran a hand through his curls.

"Something that is inviting. Did you know flowers are a symbol of invitation. They make people feel welcome." Maeve smiled and then her eyes widened. "Pink. For our baby." Maeve grinned and Luke nodded with a small smile.

"I love it." Luke told her and rested his chin on his fist.

"I'll look at wallpapers and I can show you them later, you can pick out your favourite one if you'd like?" Maeve asked and Luke's eyes softened.

"Sure, Angel."

***

"So I saw these wallpapers." Maeve begins as she sat beside Luke on the couch and he immediately leaned over. His arm going behind her shoulder as she leaned into his side, a small smile playing on her lips.

She turned her phone towards him and showed the pictures of the wallpapers she had in mind. Though there was one in particular that Luke had liked the most, he reached forward and swiped back.

"That one. It has the pink with the flowers." Luke pointed and Maeve raised a brow and looked up at Luke and the corner of her lips curled.

"That one was my favourite too." Maeve told him, and Luke chuckled and took her phone from her hands and hummed.

"A nice couch as well. I might even paint one or two of our walls black and put my instruments up." Luke told her and pressed her screen a few times. "And the wallpaper should be here by Monday afternoon." Luke told her and snickered as her jaw dropped.

"O..okay. Well that's in a few days." Maeve nodded, her eyes darted across the room until she finally looked back into cool-like blue eyes.

"Sure is. Also in a few days, the studio we are going to use for the anniversary has been approved and should be ready by Tuesday morning to use. Another thing, our Podcast for the build up for the Ten Years starts next week too. I'm guessing Friday. I have made sure you have extra help from now on too. As long as you're happy and not on your feet for too long, I'm happy." Luke told her and Maeve stared up at Luke with slightly wide eyes.

"You sure are going to be busy. And when's that got to be done by? The podcast?" Maeve asked and Luke sighed he ran a hand through his hair and glanced back at Maeve.

"In two weeks. Just under if that. It's all a bit chaotic, but it would not be five seconds of summer if it wasn't chaotic." He laughed and Maeve nodded with a roll of her eyes, she opened her mouth to say something else but her phone immediately started to ring.

Both Maeve and Luke looked down and Maeve's heart dropped at the name and Luke raised a brow. "One minute." Maeve forced a smile and grabbed her phone and answering it.

"Mum?" Maeve breathed as she stood to her feet and walked towards the open kitchen that had coincided with the lounge. Her heart was immediately started to race, her breath caught in her throat as she waited.