Chapter One

The air was hot from the body heat, the beaming light that dawned upon the men. Though it showed off his perfect curls as he sang and danced across the stage. He was living in the moment and taking in each breath as if it were his last, his brain hazy from the alcohol though he remembers every night. The beautiful crowd that screamed the lyrics back to them, and lost themselves in the music, through the bass of the drumming, through their vocals.

"You sound beautiful out there tonight Vegas. Let's hear you one last time tonight." He spoke through the microphone and the lights went down. His eyes moved up towards the balcony and the acoustic sat perfectly in his hands. Maybe staring into the eyes of the people that loved him, would help suffice the feeling of being unloved by someone else. To escape his lonesome nights.

"Here I am waking up,
Still can't sleep on your side
There's your coffee cup,
The lipstick stain fades with time
If I can dream long enough,
You'd tell me I'll be just fine
I'll be just fine

So I drown it out
Like I always do

You sing,

Dancin' through our house
With the ghost of you
And I chase it down
With the shot of truth
Dancin' through our house
With the ghost of you"

Luke stepped back and inhaled a sharp breath and watched the lights on the phones move slowly, a small lump in his throat as he watched. He was sure that no one out there, would be able to love him like he would love them. He had so much love to give, but no one was ever there.

Maeve looked at herself in the bathroom mirror and ran her hands down the tight dress. The dress was a crimson red with silk touch, it hugged her curves well and reached mid thigh. She still tried to tug down the dress a little more, but it only rides back up.

The bathroom door opened and Eliza stumbled in, her eyes slightly red and her cheeks burning red. "This is really good stuff. I'm glad we picked this up earlier." Eliza told her with a giggle and Maeve gave her a tight closed smile. "Uh oh. I know that smile. What's wrong, Maeve?" Eliza placed the tequila bottle on the side and stepped closer to her. "If you're thinking of Noah, don't. He cheated on you, Maeve. He didn't think of you. We're here in Vegas for a reason. To be free and for you to be happy as a free and single woman and to get loose. Have fun on your birthday." Eliza raised a hand and brushed back some of Maeve's hair away from her face and smiled at her in the mirror.

"Thanks Eliza. I don't know what I'd do without you." Maeve told her and gave Eliza a side hug and rested her head on top of Eliza's.

"Lost. You would be absolutely lost and feeding yourself with your own delusions. And you do the same for me, we keep each other sane." Eliza slurred slightly but still aware of herself and her words. "Now come on! We need to get drunk. Go out there, show em' who we are."

Maeve giggled with a nod and grabbed her purse and turned the bathroom light off as Eliza grabbed the bottle of tequila. "Try this! Tell me what you think." Eliza poured a shot and handed it to her friend who took the glass with caution. Eliza smiled and nodded to Maeve to take a sip, Maeve sighed and gulped down the shot quickly and then hummed.

"Nice right? Hopefully the casino has the same drink." Eliza blurted and Maeve frowned and placed the glass down slowly.

"Casino?" Maeve asked and Eliza nodded and slipped her shoes on.

"Yes! Now let's go. We won't be there long I promise. Just a few drinks and one or two games. We win, we win. We lose, we cause havoc." Eliza smirked and linked their arms together and walked out of their hotel room.