Chapter Fourteen

23rd September. Global Citizen, Los Angeles.

It had been two weeks since the horrid encounter with Noah. Luke couldn't seem to scrape the image of a broken Maeve out of mind and the sly look that Noah had. His slippery voice and way with words was enough to tell Luke he was bad news in the first place. He didn't need Maeve to tell him the backstory to know what he was. A cheat and a prick. Luke found it crazy how she had lowered standards for that thing, what he calls himself a man. Luke knew he wasn't much, Maeve would beg to differ. But Luke wouldn't dare lay finger on her or say those things. Hell, he wouldn't dare to look at her the wrong way. Maybe deserved the whole world, and he wishes he could give it to her. She was everything to him, and more. She saved him in more ways than you'd know.

Luke yearned for another love, he had so much to give but no one there. But Maeve came along, and he wished to give it all to her and the new life growing inside of her. He wanted comfort in hand hold, to be welcomed home from tour, or to bring someone along to the shows. He wanted inspiration, and gosh did Maeve give that to him.

He could not lose her. Not now. Not ever. Because that would be a tragic story. And we both know that, they do not want a tragedy at the end.

The sun was just beginning to fade out behind the clouds, that September weather started to kick in. The leaves were bringing to fall, the air is slightly nippier, and Maeve hugged her arms around her body as she surveyed the stage. The oversized jumped, that was of course way too large, clung off of her body. But it was her favourite jumper. One, because it was his. Two, it smelt like him. She wood snuggle her nose further into the neck at any chance she was given, hiding away her giddy smile as she took a slow walk round.

Goosebumps appeared on her skin as she made her way back towards the backstage. The shift in air was most likely the cause until her throat starts to close up and her stomach churns. She felt her own skin pale as her lunch from earlier started to build its way back to her throat.

Maeve makes a beeline to the restrooms and rushed into the cubicle and vomits. Maeve despises being sick, so she couldn't help the tears spilling from the corner of her eyes. She haves the way she felt afterwards and the burn in her throat. She had a fear of choking on her sick which didn't help.

Being too focused on throwing up, she hadn't realised that her hair had been swooped up until a hand was rubbing her back soothingly. "It's been awhile, hm?" Luke asked and pressed a delicate kiss to back of her bare shoulder. The jumper was slowly starting to slip down her arm. Though, Luke pulled it back up after leaving a small kiss to her back.

"I'm hoping it's just a one off." Maeve told him with a rasp and flushed the fluids away. Standing back to her feet, she washed her hands and face and checked her face in the mirror.

"Hopefully. But it'd make a change with me taking care of you." Luke told her as he walked out of her restroom. Maeve immediately shook her head and turned to face him.

"Absolutely not. You work way too hard to be taking care of me, I take care of you. There's no other way around it." Maeve stated and Luke smiled at her stubbornness and pulled her close to him. "You need to go get ready. This is why you're always late. Running on 5sos time." Maeve grinned and pried his hands off of her waist.

"5sos time?" Luke turned his head slightly as he walked with her to the dressing rooms.

"Yeah, running on 5sos time. It means running behind, you as in 5sos, are always late. That's your time, what you're known for. It wouldn't be right if you were on time." Maeve snickered as she pushed open the door to hallway.

Everyone was rushing around and moving quickly around the two to set up. But Luke and Maeve took a slow walk to middle door where 5SOS name was written. Luke immediately took her hand as they walked into the room.