Chapter Nine

They stepped back inside the studio, Maeve had found it quite strange on how quiet it was. Aside from Luke moving around the room as he sets up the piano inside the actual booth. The room felt larger than it normally did and with a raised camera she took pictures of Luke. Following him into the booth where he patted the stool for her to sit down.

"Come sit. I'll be right back." He grinned and ran back and Maeve watched him as he pressed a few buttons and looked up at the glass. "Sit down, Maeve." He grumbled into the mic causing Maeve to giggle and quickly sat herself down.

Maeve removed the camera from around her neck and placed it on the carpet. Luke pressed one last button and then made his way back inside. He sat down beside Maeve and shifted beside her. "Like the other night. Just play along. Sing along." Luke whispered and then adjusted a microphone and pulling it down.

He hovered his hands over the keys and Maeve raised her hands and gave Luke an unsure look. He nodded and the two started to play. Luke was the first to sing and Maeve almost froze as the sound bounced off the walls.

"I don't wanna get older
Without your head on my shoulder
On the day that you leave me
I'll forever be bleeding, love
As forever comes closer
Hope the world will spin slower
I don't wanna get older
I don't wanna get older"

There was a slight pause and Luke looked over at her with a huge smile and the two looked to the lyrics in the little journal.

"Stare at the photograph
Suddenly takes me back
The promises roll off your breath
In your cocaine-coloured wedding dress
Lost in the day-to-day
You kiss away the pain
Oh, every time you twist my lips
My dear devoted delicate

It's not worth it if I lose my one-way ticket
Just me, just you
I don't wanna get older
Without your head on my shoulder
On the day that you leave me
I'll forever be bleeding, love
As forever comes closer
Hope the world will spin slower
I don't wanna get older
I don't wanna get older"

Maeve sang softly that she was just about heard but the microphone managed to pick up her voice and Luke couldn't wipe the smile off his lips.

"Our love is tailor made
But we let the edges fade

Your wicked smile,
It's says it all
Mixed with my sad and cynical (hmm)
No tragedy at the end
No, nothing Shakespearean
It all comes flooding back again
My dear devoted delicate

Its not worth it if I lose my one-way ticket for two
Just me, just you
I don't wanna get older
Without your head on my shoulder
On the day that you leave me
I'll forever be bleeding, love
As forever comes closer
Hope the world will spin slower
I don't wanna get older
I don't wanna get older"

The two sang in-sync with each other and their voices soft and mixed with emotion that both of them hadn't felt for a while and if it were true. The air turned warm and goosebumps rose on Maeve's skin as the song slowly finished the song.

Maeve removed her hands and looked to Luke who hadn't stopped smiling. His eyes a brighter blue than the earlier dull ones, a warm pink to his cheeks. He stood up and went back out and pressed another button. "Well, that's sort of another song done." Luke told her as he entered the room again.

"What?" Maeve panicked and cringed to herself that her voice had been recorded.

"I would love for your name to be on that album too. You've brought help and inspiration to these songs." Luke told her and Maeve chewed at the inside of her cheek and folded her arms over chest.