Chapter Thirty-Three

Night Fifty-Two, Indianapolis
July 15th 2022
The release of Blender

As usual like every night before he went to perform on stage, he called. Some nights were late for Maeve and some were almost in time with each other. Though tonight was slightly different, Maeve was moving around a lot while on the phone and a smile that did not leave her face. He adored it of course, but when he asked what she was smiling about she brushed him off.

"I'm just really happy today. That's all." Maeve told him as she paused what she was doing and gave her attention all to him. Luke hummed with a frown still etched across his face, he sat back in the sofa and cocked his head to the side in thought. He had his phone leant against the vase on the coffee table, his arms crossed over his chest and he sat with legs spread. Luke wore a charcoal black shirt with white collars, light grey trousers on that went with his jacket.

Maeve wanted to run her fingers through his curls that were once again getting longer. Maeve bit her lip as she tried to contain her excitement and have to let Luke be moody for the time being.

"I've gotta go now, I'll talk to you later. I love you." Luke smiled softly and leaned forward to the screen where Maeve repeated his words.

"I love you, Lu." Maeve blew a kiss to the phone before ending the call. She squealed as soon as his face disappeared and turned around to see her bags halfway packed.

Crystal was happy enough to take care of Elizabeth while Maeve and Liz went to Chicago to surprise Luke. Due to having a show on his birthday, Maeve and Liz both decided they would fly into Chicago before they do. Liz had informed their management team before hand and would be inside the venue for when they walked in. Maeve couldn't wipe the smile off her face as she thought about it and thinking about what his reaction may be.

She packed away her favourite outfits while Petunia and Elizabeth were peacefully sleeping on her and Luke's bed. Both wrapped up in the cushions and blankets. Maeve looked at her jewellery and stared at the new necklace and she blushed.

Her fingers brushed over the pendant before she changed into her night dress and picked Elizabeth up gently and placed her into her little crib. Maeve still couldn't believe that Elizabeth was now four months old. She felt like it was only yesterday that she had gone into labour. Time had moved so fast and she hated it. Maeve then pressed a longing kiss to her forehead and looked out the window.

She stared up at night sky and smiled how the stars twinkled down at her and the moon was full and the only source of light in the bedroom. There was only a few clouds in the sky but they were all mostly small ones. The air was warm and no breeze, everything was silent outside aside from a few dogs who barked at the slightest sound of a cat who scurried down an alleyway. On an odd occasion a car horn would sound, sirens from one of the services. But she didn't mind, these were the sounds that she had grown used to and had fallen asleep to every night. They had become white noise to her and if the world had gone silent, she knew she'd never sleep.

Pulling the curtain across she slipped under the covers on his side of the bed. Her head nestled into the pillow and she smiled softly as the strong smell of his cologne enveloped her. Her eyes fluttered shut as she gripped the bedsheets closer to her body, praying she would fall asleep soon.

Luke walked up onto the stage with a firm grip on the mic stand. He glared out into the crowd as he sang and performed on stage. Why was she so smiley. Why was she so happy? What was the reason? Why wouldn't she say? Was there some- no. Don't be silly. But what if?

Luke shook his head as he focused on the next song that they played.

"This shit is keeping me up at night
Just admit it
Who do you love,
Do you love now?
I wanna know
I wanna know who"