Chapter Four

The Day of The Forum

"So you are your husband's band photographer. That is ironic." Eliza snickered and stood by the front door and smiled sadly.

"What's wrong, Eliza? Everything okay?" Maeve asked and reached out to hold onto Eliza. Eliza fell into Maeve's arms and held her tightly

"I know you want to get out of this. And I'm supporting you every step of the way. Just be careful tonight, some fans can be real horrible. Just keep away from the barricade, keep your hair up and away from them. And well, pretend that you lo-"

"No. I'm not pretending anything. I'm just there to take pictures. Don't feel sad because of me. At least I have a job, and it pays well and as soon as I have enough, I'll be out of your hair." Maeve told Eliza who frowned.

"You're not in my hair Mae. You're fine. Stay as long as you like, the company is great. Now go. Otherwise I will make you late and I'm going back to bed to watch Friends while you take pictures of your husband." Eliza quickly runs back to her room with a giggle, Maeve groaned and looked the front door. "Love you!" Eliza shouted from the hall and Maeve hummed.

"Love you." Maeve smiled and closed the door and head down to the parking lot. The sun was shining but the air was cool in the early morning. Cars drove by slowly on a Sunday morning and Maeve smiled ahead and placed her bag in the car and sat herself inside.

The drive would be long, but at least she could prepared her words, fake her smile, take away her heart that sat on her sleeve. Normally on a drive like this, Maeve would play her favourite artists from the 70's and 80's, but she decided against it. She may as well prepare herself for the music too. Searching five seconds of summer onto her phone and pressing shuffle and the first song that sounded through her speakers was she looks so perfect. Maeve hummed along to the chorus without releasing and her fingers tapped along the steering wheel.

***

Maeve stepped inside venue and greeted a few people who walked by and immediately spotting Lily talking to someone. Maeve picked up her pace just before Lily turned around and walked away.

"Hi!" Maeve smiled and Lily grabbed Maeve's arm and dragged her towards double doors that leads to the backstage.

"Thank goodness you're here now. Fans are showing up earlier than we thought and we're just glad you're inside now rather than later." Lily sighed and Maeve frowned. Lily did know. Maeve shook her head from her thoughts and just gave a small smile.

"Excited I suppose." Maeve hugged her body and followed Lily down the hall and pushed open a door and then moved back a curtain.

"Just through those doors is the boys. You can stay in there, they won't mind." Lily smiled and pointed towards the door that was clearly labeled 5sos. Lily disappeared back behind the curtain and spoke down her walkie-talkie and Maeve slowly walked towards the door.

Her hand shook as she held onto the handle and pushed down and the door opened. Only to reveal that the room was empty. Maeve's body relaxed and she sighed in relief and slowly walked to the small couch and placed her bag down.

She sent a quick message to Eliza to let her know that she had arrived safely, and reminded Eliza to eat lunch, and get herself dinner as she won't be home until late. Maeve placed her phone down and unzipped her bag and grabbed her camera. Wrapping the strap around her neck and letting it rest against her, she looked around the room. Clothes that they are to wear tonight hung up on the rail, pictures on the wall of other artists that had played here before. Maeve walked towards a lone table where a sheet of paper sat with a bunch of songs.