Chapter Eleven

Luke's breath fanned her skin, she giggled as the baby hairs tickled her skin at each passing exhale. The sun was rising again and the little beams started to swap through the gap of the curtain, and Luke for once had stayed asleep. His arms were securely wrapped around her body, his head hidden in the crook of her neck. The guitar she had gifted to him sat perfectly on the stand just near the window.

Her fingers ran through his curls, he hummed and clutched her tighter to him. "Lu..." she whispered and Luke's eyes immediately shot open. The blue was electric as looked up at her, the nickname that easily rolled off her tongue. "Hi." She smiled and rested her forehead against his.

Luke rolled over and brought Maeve with him, she held onto his shoulder as her body straddled his hips. As Maeve leaned in, Luke's phone rang causing the two to groan. "Hello?" Luke grumbled and it was silent for a while and then Luke gripped Maeve's hip tightly before rubbing softly where he held her. Maeve's brows knitted together and Luke hummed and mumbled a few 'yeses' before the caller hung up.

"Is everything all right?" Maeve asked, Luke nodded and placed his phone down. He sat up and pulled Maeve closer to his body.

"I've just been told that the band has been offered to support the Global Citizen in Los Angeles." Luke told her and the corners of his lips trembled before they pulled into a smile.

"That's amazing! Are you going to accept it?" Maeve wrapped her arms around his neck and listened to his words, about what the band thought of the show. But in under thirty minutes, Luke had messaged them to see if they were in, and the three messages came at once.

"Well that answers that." Luke chuckled and messaged their manager to let them know. "Guess I'll be putting your gift into use for the whole world to see." Luke grinned and Maeve pulled him into a kiss.

***

In just a few weeks, Maeve had managed to get pictures of Luke for the album cover and had them ready just before the release. She was quick to set it up and add the title and then just only a few days later, she was forced to take a seat. Luke grabbed a pair of headphone and placed them over her ears and plugged them into his laptop.

And at each song, even the ones she had already heard, her chest ached and the tears threatened to spill. Her hand was secured around his, and as the album came to an end. She inhaled a sharp breath and blinked away the tears.

"It's beautiful. Sad, true, but beautiful." Maeve spoke softly and her voice wavered slightly. "I can't believe it will be released tomorrow." Maeve curled up beside Luke and watched him shut down his laptop before he turned to face her. "We should celebrate. However you want." Luke wetted his lips and Maeve's eyes were quick to notice causing the blood to rush to her cheeks. Luke quirked one eyebrow and a smirk played on his lips, his hand reaching out and holding her waist and pulling her closer to him.

"However I want?" Luke asked, his lips hovering over hers, Maeve hummed and moved her hand into his hair. Luke's hands moved under her shirt and his fingers dug into her flesh, goosebumps travelled across her skin causing Luke to smirk into the kiss.

It was like a fire spreading across her skin, as his fingers graze over her skin, he was fuelling the flames on her body. His lips moved from her lips to her neck, and the slight stubble tickled her skin. As she crawled further up his body and straddled his hips, she grabbed his jaw and attached her lips to his. Her nails clawed against his skin and he groaned softly into the kiss. Maeve smiled and moved her hips against his, the grip around her hips tightened and his lips parted. It was like a flutter in her chest that travelled to the pit of her stomach as something brushed her inner thighs.

His blue eyes were no longer the pale ice, but more a harsh electric blue. "I know what I want." He rasped out and Maeve's hairs pricked up at the sound of his voice, her eyes danced over his face and body.