Chapter Twenty-Three

Though we're tethered to the story we must tell
When I saw you, well, I knew we'd tell it well.

~30 weeks~

Luke's PoV

My head rests against Maeve's shoulder as she stared into the camera, squinting as she covered the screen away from the sunlight. My hands on her hips as she rewatched the take she had on her camera for our new music video.

"It's all good. We can carry on." Maeve sighed softly and turned her head towards me. A small smile was plastered on her face as she moved the camera back towards me and the others. It was extremely warm with all of the clothes on in the hot sun, which was strange, especially in January. But what didn't help was the fact we were all wearing clothes with sleeves, I was in a yellow suit that I could not wait to get out of. The black top I had on underneath was enough to catch the sunlight.

As the production of the music video carried on, I could see Maeve getting annoyed with the sand and trying to level herself on the ground. Let alone the heat that was coming down on her back.

Half an hour passed and Maeve finally stepped away from her camera and wiped away the sweat forming on her forehead. I watched her walk towards the canopy and lean down to grab a water bottle from the ice box, her body falling into one of the chairs.

"I told you it would be hard. Why don't you just rest now. Ryan said he was fine in doing the rest and letting you edit them." I finally spoke up, my throat was dry and it was like sandpaper scratching the back of my throat when I spoke. "It's really hot out. There's hardly any shade and so it is a struggle to keep cool." I gulped down some of my water and pushed my hair away from my face.

"I'm fine. It's just all this sand in my shoes. I will not be surprised if a year goes by and I'm still getting sand out my shoes. I'm just glad I picked out old ones instead of new." Maeve grumbled and took her shoes off and tilting them upside down to rid the small grains of sand.

"I don't believe that one bit. I'm struggling as it is. And I'm wearing a suit and not pregnant. I want you stay here, I swear if I see you get up and follow me out. I will get rid of your favourite. Strawberries." I threatened and watched Maeve's face drop, her eyes widening.

"You wouldn't dare." Maeve spoke lowly and I raised a brow and took a few steps back.

"If you leave that seat and end up back out here. You'll see." I shrugged and took one last sip of my water before putting back down.

I stepped back out and reached the other three who were standing around and joking about. I rolled my shoulders and took a glance back to see Maeve exactly where I had left her. I smiled to myself and turned to face the men as they started to get ready in shooting the final shots of the day before it would just be pictures for the upcoming tour. A tour I was slightly nervous about.

Reason one being, we haven't been on tour in years. To feel that same adrenaline again day in, day out would and forever always be amazing to me. Reason two, Maeve. She has to stay home. By the time tour starts, my little girl might not even be a month old yet. It was fucked. But reckless decisions were made that night, I didn't think. I hadn't even expected it.

Don't get me wrong, I am looking forward to what is to come. To be a parent. To have those long nights of feeding and trying to get them off to sleep. But I feel a strong guilt and fear that I am going to be missing out on my daughter's first milestones. I know Maeve will tell me all about it, probably send a hundred pictures and videos. But I just want to be there. With them.