Chapter Twenty-One

Got nothing but love for you, fall more in love every day.

~28 weeks~

Christmas. The most wonderful time of the year. Well, it's considered to be. Eliza had flew back home to Florida to visit her parents for Christmas, things between the two were still a little rough. Maeve stayed behind with Luke, she helped set up the Christmas tree with him, bought a few presents without him knowing.

It was currently three days until Christmas, Maeve was of course, excited. The last few Christmas' she had spent in her apartment either alone or with Eliza and her parents. Though this time, Luke was by her side and had invited his parents over for Christmas.

Today was the day that Liz and Andrew are staying with the couple, Maeve and Luke had to set up the house that made it look that Maeve lived with him. Photos of the two were quickly placed around the house, and Luke loved the idea of Maeve possibly living alongside him.

Just as Maeve placed the picture frame down, a knock sounded through the house. Luke immediately jumped from Maeve's side and speed walked to the door. He turned his head towards Maeve who looked back and gave him an encouraged nod and smile. Luke wiggled his fingers before turning the handle and opening the door. His mother stood with the biggest smile, his father gave him one of the most dad's smiles he could give. A suitcase in hand and then a bag in another.

"Come on in." Luke smiled and moved to one side, Liz was the first to walk in and she immediately gasped when she saw Maeve.

"There she is!" Liz placed the bag down by the side of the wall and opened her arms, pulling Maeve into a warm embrace. "Look at you! You look amazing." Liz complimented as she stepped back, Maeve breathed a laugh with a tint of pink on her cheeks.

"Thank you." Maeve smiled and turned to Andrew  who also brought her into a hug.

"Jeez. What about your own actual son?" Luke laughed as he raised his arms up slightly. Liz scoffed and whacked his arm slightly before pulling him into a hug.

"How was your flights?" Maeve asked as she looked between his mother and father.

"It was good. You didn't have to pay for our flights you know. We could have easily have done that." Liz told Maeve causing the woman to shrug with a grin.

"Early Christmas present." Maeve told the two and Luke looked to Maeve with a soft smile.

"Well. Lucky for you guys, I brought your presents over with us. You mind if we put them under the tree?" Liz asked as she grabbed the large bag of presents.

"Of course!" Maeve stood aside as Andrew helped Liz put out the presents under the tree.

"I'll take your bags to your room. It's the first on the right." Luke told them as he grabbed one of the suitcases and just as Maeve went to grab one, Liz cleared her throat.

"I don't think so, Andrew can take them up. You can make us a a hot drink though?" Liz gently pulled Maeve towards the Kitchen and sat herself on one of the stool as Maeve moved to the kettle.

Maeve placed out four different mugs, having a tea for herself and coffee's for the other three. As the kettle was boiling, Maeve wrapped her arms around her chest and Liz smiled softly before opening her mouth.