Chapter Thirty

Night Twenty Seven, Mexico City
May 18th 2022

Two whole months on tour. Two whole months without him by her side at night. The nights had gotten better since last month. But she didn't know if it was just because in two days, Luke would be returning back for a few days and she would be able to have him by her side. Luke was of course just as excited as Maeve and he was counting down the days and hours until he could finally have her in his arms. He couldn't even believe that Elizabeth was two months old now. She now had longer hairs and the muscles in her face had gotten stronger to the point it started to look like a full smile.

Luke sat in the hotel room staring out the window of the busy streets. The paper he kept in wallet that day, more words and sentences got larger and all started to fall into place. Even though the lyrics he had written was squire deep and sad, true however, he had a little smirk on his face. Maeve had seen pictures of Milan show recently and she had been freaking out. To push it even further, he ignored her calls, answered her messages but not the questions she asked about the red suit or the pictures she sent. He was loving very bit of it, and he knew what was to come when he arrived back home. The look on her face, knitted brows and full pout on her lips.

He found it hilarious on how worked up she got about him in red. Though the night back in Australia was something that played on his mind most days. Luke sighed and stood to his feet, he shoved his wallet into his jacket pocket before walking out of the room.

He took the lift to the ground floor, his hands folded behind his back as he waited until it reached the bottom floor. He walked the streets, his fingers drummed against his leg at each step he took. His phone still continued to buzz with each notification.

Mae: stop ignoring me Hemmings. I will make you sleep downstairs when you get back

lu: of course you will...

Mae: I'm being serious!

lu: so am I :)

Luke snickered to himself once he sent the message and shoved his phone back in his pocket. He kept walking until he was stopped by a large group of people. All were mixed with colourful clothes but had some sort of five seconds of summer clothes on them.

Luke shot them a smile as they all greeted him and the group looked around in confusion. "Where's Maeve?" One of them had asked and Luke grinned as he turned to face the fan.

"She's at home right now." Luke told them as he signed a vinyl and taking a few pictures.

"Are you two a couple now?" Another asked but Luke stayed silent and smiled to the fan. He wanted to shout and say yes! But this was something Maeve and Luke hadn't fully discussed at all. Of course they had been living with each other for a few months now, but they had no title. Apart from they were indeed married and had certificates for. His family thought they were engaged, Vegas and the rest of government in the world knew they were married, but the two of them had no idea what they were.

***

Two whole days had passed and Maeve had woken up as soon as her alarm went off. She had already struggled to sleep as her mind focused purely on Luke. Maeve was dressed and ready, Elizabeth had only just woken up and that was the first ever time that Elizabeth had slept throughout the whole night.

Maeve was sat in the living room with Elizabeth in her little chair after just having her first lots of milk. The TV was playing Bluey, a kids show that even Petunia loved to watch with Elizabeth. Maeve's leg was bouncing rapidly as she waited for Luke to return, she had no idea what time he would come home. If his flight was in the day and to return in the night, or if his flight was during the night or early hours of the morning he wouldn't return until a few hours from now.