Chapter Twenty-Seven

March 2nd 2022
Release of Complete Mess

Two days with living back home with Elizabeth was a milestone. Luke had made Maeve rest and only got her to do only small jobs, Maeve would roll her eyes but do as she was told. The second milestone was that their first single of 5SOS5 was released today. Gaining more listeners and the song playing on the radio all around the world. Maeve wrapped her arms around his body and pressed a longing kiss to his lips.

Luke hummed softly and held her closer to his body, though each time he looked into her eyes. His heart broke even more. Every chance, every laugh and smile he had with her would one day be the last. And now the song they both sang tougher, felt a little more heartfelt. Maeve stared up at him and brushed her fingers against his cheek before reaching up into his curls.

Their lives had changed completely, a nice change of course. Elizabeth had been a delight so far, only on an odd occasion would she wake up in the night. Maeve would try to get up, but Luke would tell her to go back to sleep. Maeve adored that about Luke, but also despised in a way. In a month's time, Luke will be on tour with his band and Maeve will be home alone and having to do everything without Luke.

At times she had to tell Luke to step aside or rush to get in there just to show that was indeed capable. For herself and for Luke. But she will be forever grateful for Luke's kind heart and being helpful.

"So what do you think? You haven't heard of that one before." Luke asked as they sat in the living room. Maeve had her head resting against his shoulder when they had taken a seat.

"I love it. It makes me even more excited in the other songs I haven't heard yet. I mean most of those you had already written before we met." Maeve told him, their eyes met and Luke nodded with a small smile.

"But there's some songs that have been half-written but when you came along you helped finish them. You do have a few talents Maeve. And not just amazing photography skills on catching my best side." He paused with a smirk and Maeve nudged her elbow into his ribs which caused him to laugh loudly and grab her arms. "You're amazing, Mae. Without you, we'd still be stuck. You're an inspiration on most songs that we wrote, especially this one." Maeve felt her cheeks turn hot and her heart raced, the flutter in her stomach made her feel as if she was a teenager again.

"I...you're welcome." Maeve breathed out a laugh and placed her head onto his chest where her arms wrapped securely around his body.

***

"Drum kit? Check. Bass guitars? Check. Acoustics? Check. Electric? Check. Luke? Check. Ashton? Check. Calum? Check? Michael? Check." Maeve listed as she watched them roll out all of the instruments and equipment done the road to the loading van.

"You really think we'd forget?" Ashton asked as he rolled out his blue drum kit and Maeve raised a knowing brow.

"I don't think. I know." Maeve told him and Ashton's jaw dropped and Maeve snickered to herself. "You suck at being on time. What makes you think you'd remember most of these things." Maeve carried on and Ashton playfully punched her arm. The spring air was warm with a little breeze, the sun was out and touching the pale blue paint that shined in the light. The smell of fresh cut grass blew through the breeze, soil that had been wetted by the rain overnight. Little buds  that were ready to bloom into flowers. Trees that sat near started to grow little green specs on the ends once more, some were white that had tips of pink.

Luke walked over with squinted eyes and his messy curls all over the place. Their first stop was London in just two days. It was a small show just before tour starts before they fully kick it off in Dublin. Luke wouldn't be back in Los Angeles until the evening of June fifteenth just before her birthday. But then he is performing on her birthday to which she hopes she will be able to attend. Then their last show before a mini break would in Maryland Heights July twenty-fourth. The break just before the new album is released on September twenty-third.